Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Requisition Number: 154255
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Senior DevOps Engineer for Electronic Arts Finland
The Electronic Arts’ Tracktwenty Studio in Helsinki, Finland is seeking for new talented people to join their team. Tracktwenty is the developer of the hugely successful mobile game SimCity BuildIt. To date SimCity BuildIt has been played by more than 100 million gamers around the world.
As we continue to grow we’re looking for an experienced DevOps Systems Engineer, with a strong focus on supporting the development team with tools and system management as well as maintaining the live services.
What a Senior DevOps Engineer does at EA:
- Supports the live infrastructure.
- Responds to outages and alerts to ensure public availability of our online services.
- Refines processes to develop a culture of quality and high availability.
- Automates processes to increase efficiencies.
- Keeps monitoring up to date.
- Maintains deployment software and tools (Jenkins, Capistrano etc.)
- Works closely with developers to ensure on time delivery of services.
- Analytical and creative problem solving skills; solution-oriented individual.
- Can work independently and as part of a team.
- Participates in 24x7 on-call support and maintenance activities.
The next EA DevOps Systems Engineer also needs to have:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience.
- 2+ years Linux Systems Engineering or Admin experience
- Knowledge in script languages (Bash, Python etc.)
- Experience of managing applications in high traffic sites.
- Experience with cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, etc.)
- Experience with monitoring tools, such as Zabbix, Graphite, Grafana, etc. is a plus.
- Experience with database usage in scalable systems. Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL such as Redis and MongoDB are all a plus.
- Familiar with Java based technologies such as Apache Tomcat.
- Knowledge on networking (load balancing, TCP/IP, Virtual IP, Certificates etc.)
At Tracktwenty, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're a community of artists, storytellers, technologists and innovators working in one of the most dynamic industries around.
We’ve built a fun, productive and passionate team who are rewarded with competitive compensation packages and great benefits such as shares, pension scheme, healthcare, gym contribution, free games and endless snacks and drinks in the office!
Community / Marketing Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-01-10 07:16:12.38
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.