Software Systems Architect - Quality Engineering
Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 154234
Position Title: Technical Director I
We Are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
As a Software Systems Architect, you will be working with large-scale online software systems – gathering system dependencies, performing systems architecture assessments for online game services, creating system test strategies and test plans, analysing test results, and providing a comprehensive risk assessment for game launches.
You will be responsible for understanding the full end-to-end system by working directly with the game development and online services teams. The gaming systems include multiple platforms, shared multi-tenant services, and custom game services tailored to consoles, PC, and mobile platforms. These large-scale services power EA’s games which are experienced by tens of millions of monthly active players.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to do architecture evaluation of online services components that deliver new functionality to the platform, as well as work on continual improvements to the systems to keep them at peak performance.
What a Software Systems Architect Does At EA
As a Software Systems Architect and a member of the Systems Test Team, your primary responsibility will be to lead the end-to-end software architecture assessment, test strategy and test plan of our games, and evaluate the game launch risks in terms of stability, scalability, performance, and reliability of the online game services.
In this role, you will have direct contact with the game team and other stakeholders and you will get the chance to affect the game services from development to release. You will have the opportunity to create new features and tools within Systems Test aiming to support EA's digital business, as well as automate legacy processes to design innovative solutions to challenging problems.
The Next Great Software Architect Should Have
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem solving skills, typical of a solution oriented individual
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or Science, Technology, Engineering with a strong computing background
- Five or more years of software development in at least one of C++, C#, Java, or Python, and software and systems architecture experience
- A broad understanding of distributed systems, such as application servers, databases, load balancers running on on-premise, AWS, GCP, or other cloud hosted solutions
- First-hand experience with all phases of the product development lifecycle, including requirements specification, architecture, technical design, development, testing, product release, and live operations
- Experience with microservice-based architecture, particularly with regards to large scale, high performance, and high throughput systems
- Experience with tools development, automation and performance analysis
- Experience with production environments and live services
Nice to Have
- Love of games and experience working within the gaming industry
- Experience with performance testing
- Experience with monitoring tools and live service operations
- Experience working with distributed teams across the globe
- Team leadership, management, and mentoring experience
What’s in it for you?
At EA we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga, badminton and cross fit to name a few) and healthcare allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees with an occupational pension.
Although we enjoy working hard at EA, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Community / Marketing Title: Software Systems Architect - Quality Engineering
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-01-14 08:54:28.213
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.