Senior Software Architect - Quality Engineering
Location: Stockholm, Stockholms lan SE
Requisition Number: 154234
Position Title: Technical Director I
We Are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
As a Senior Software Architect , you will be working with large scale online software systems, performing architecture assessments, creating system test strategies and test plans, reviewing test results, and eventually providing a comprehensive risk assessment for game launches, supporting the tuning and optimization processes.
You will be responsible for understanding the full end-to-end system by working directly with the game development and server teams. The gaming systems include multiple platforms, shared services and custom game services which work with title-agnostic , cross-platform networks tailored to consoles, PC and mobile platforms. These large scale services power EA’s games which are experienced by tens of millions of monthly active players.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to do architecture evaluation of server-side components that deliver new functionality to the platform, as well as work on continual improvements to the systems to keep them at top notch performance.
What a Senior Software Architect Does At EA
As a Senior Software Architect , your primary responsibility will be to lead the end-to-end software architecture assessment, test strategy and test plan of our new and existing games, and evaluate the game launch risks in terms of stability, scalability and performance of the backend systems.
You will also have
- direct contacts with the game team and other stakeholders and you will get the chance to influence the game from early design to release.
- the opportunity to create new features and tools aiming to support EA's digital business, as well as automate legacy processes to design innovative solutions to challenging problems.
The Next Great Senior Software Architect should have
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or similar technical field
- 5+ years hands-on coding (at least one of C++/C#/Java/Python) and software architecture design experience
- Experienced working with distributed systems (App servers, DB, LB, AWS/GCP/other cloud hosted solutions)
- Experience with microservice based architecture, particularly with regards to large scale, high performance and high throughput systems
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem solving skills, typical of a solution oriented individual
- Excellent communication skills
- Experienced with tools development, automation and performance analysis
- First-hand experience with all phases of the product development lifecycle, including requirements specification, architecture, technical design, development, testing, product release, and live operations
- Team leadership, management and mentoring experience
Nice to Have
- Love for games and experience working within the gaming industry
- Experience working with distributed teams across the globe
- Experience with monitoring tools (Grafana/Datadog) in the analysis of system faults
- Experience with performance and load testing
What’s in it for you?
At EA we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga, badminton and cross fit to name a few) and healthcare allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension.
Although we enjoy working hard at EA, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Architect - Quality Engineering
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-01-14 08:54:28.213
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Stockholm, Stockholms lan SE