Data Scientist I
Location: Redwood City, California US
Requisition Number: 154219
Position Title: Data Scientist I
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
Our games are played everywhere in the world and on any kind of gaming device (PC, web, console, mobile, smart TV’s) and support a wide range of business models (digital downloads, premium content, free to play, subscriptions).
We are looking for a Data Scientist to work in the Fraud & Player Security team that manages fraud and account security for EA. Your primary focus will be to analyze the behavior of our user accounts and customers, identify fraud trends and high-risk transactions, take statistical or machine learning techniques when designing algorithms and heuristics rules to prevent fraudulent payments and losses, and work with Engineering to implement, test, monitor and improve the performance of the product.
- Analyze large data sets to identify behavior trends using statistics, data mining, and machine learning techniques.
- Develop algorithms and heuristics to identify fraudulent transactions and account creation, account compromises, and other high-risk activities
- Research predictive modeling techniques and assist in developing business cases for new technologies needed to support fraud detection
- Build prototype tools for investigating fraud events/behavior and analyzing system-wide trends
- Rapidly respond to operational needs by providing ad hoc analytical support
- Partner with Engineering and Operations teams to define product requirements
- Build automated reports (e.g. Tableau), dashboards, and performance metrics
- Able to multi-task and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to collaborate within a team environment
- Results-driven and highly quantitative
- True passion for understanding customer behavior on-platform and in-game
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Skills and Experience:
- Business or data analysis experience; preferred experience from e-commerce, online payments, fraud/risk management, social networking, or gaming industry
- MS degree required in a quantitative discipline (i.e. Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering); PhD preferred
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret and manipulate large structured and semi-structured data, develop recommendations and analysis
- Experience managing and implementing advanced analytics projects which solve complex analytical problems using machine learning, pattern recognition, and/or data mining technologies
- Familiar with Python/Java/SCALA, and SQL/NoSQL, tools (e.g. R) and Apache Spark framework
- Strong PMML knowledge and demonstrated ability to design and implement ML algorithms
- Ability to communicate insights to technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-motivated, work well both independently and as part of an agile team.
Community / Marketing Title: Data Scientist I
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-01-07 22:33:22.477
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US