UX Designer Intern
Location: Redwood City, California US
Requisition Number: 154211
Position Title: Intern General
UX Designer (Intern)
Location: Redwood City, CA
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We’re looking for a skilled UX Designer Intern who will become part of our team for the summer and create an incredible experience for our players. We’re picturing someone who is passionate about Maxis games and is invigorated by the idea of working on a completely new game. If this sounds like you, we're looking forward to seeing your resume!
- Partner with UX Designers, Game Designers and UX Researchers to create user-centered designs for existing and new game features and player experiences.
- You take an empathetic view of the user, and to interpret that into a systematic design solution.
- Support the pre-production with conceptual UX wireframes.
- Design wireframes and prototypes while iterating based on research, team feedback, and user playtest feedback.
- Work within an established UX & UI framework & ensure UX standards are well maintained and socialized.
- You will also create UI components for your designs and be responsible for implementing into the game.
- Partner closely with UI Engineers to assure that your designs are able to be implemented elegantly into the game’s existing UI systems.
- You can adapt to changing tasks and requirements and are able to manage scope of your designs and deliverables accordingly.
- You have a strong desire to learn and grow.
- You are currently enrolled in a BS or MS program in Design, Human Computer Interaction, or a related field of study.
- Super passionate about user-centered design for PC, Console and mobile experiences.
- A passion for simulation/casual/lifestyle games.
- A love for playing, deconstructing and making great games.
- Open communicator with excellent visual, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to align business requirements, design methodologies, and technology factors to create user-centered designs.
- Demonstrate the ability to craft and follow a user-centered design process: starting by framing a challenge, then research and insights, and finally concept and implementation.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite and various prototyping tools i.e Adobe XD, Sketch, Invision, Framer.
Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to resume or an attached PDF portfolio. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
Community / Marketing Title: UX Designer Intern
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-01-04 20:28:21.82
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US