Back-end Software Engineer - Tech Ops (Contract)
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 154210
Position Title: Software Engineer III
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe 24/7 with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games and delivering a flawless player experience is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, resourceful and passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
The world of infrastructure and operations is changing at a rapid pace, e.g. cloud computing, hybrid cloud, software define networks (SDN), virtualization services, etc. and EA is moving to meet and leverage these new changes to our full advantage. EA's environment is highly distributed and dynamic. It services millions of players every day, worldwide.
A Contract Software Engineer for EA’s Technical Operations team will need the agility to operate in this ever-changing ecosystem. This position will be responsible for driving and implementing long term design and technology choices that will be the cornerstone of tools and services that will make up the future of operations and automation processes. These tools and services will underpin modern video game services such as matchmaking, marketplace, and social features to anti-cheat detection, leaderboards, and server-side physics calculations.
The role is a part of a high performing team in a fast-paced organization, requiring partner and business focus. As well as demonstrated skills tied to leadership, people, communication, analytics and adaptability.
This is a contract position with a possible duration of up to 12 months.
The next great EA Software Engineer also needs:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 5+ year relevant work experience.
- Experience with event driven architecture using Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with serverless computing (Serverless Framework).
- Experience with user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Experience with implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Proficient with a back-end programming language (Python, Golang, NodeJS).
- Experience building REST APIs and services, knowledge of technologies such as Swagger and gRPC.
- Experience using Git and related tools like GitLab, GitHub, Bitbucket etc.
- Experience with data modelling and SQL, specifically MySQL.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment pipelines.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum project environment.
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed team.
Nice to have:
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with event pipelines (Kafka/Kinesis)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Experience with non-relational databases (MongoDB, DynamoDB).
- Experience integrating ticketing and alerting systems (Service Now, Jira, Datdog, PagerDuty, etc.)
Community / Marketing Title: Back-end Software Engineer - Tech Ops (Contract)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-01-10 15:57:14.96
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US