Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 154190
Position Title: Senior Product Manager 2
- The Taxonomy Lead will develop and implement Electronic Arts' enterprise content taxonomy.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Develop and implement taxonomies, thesauri and controlled vocabularies
- Identify taxonomy requirements through research and analysis of end-user needs, content management system requirements, EA's existing content corpus, as well as soliciting and organizing input from internal stakeholders
- Enumerate and review taxonomies currently in use at EA, with an eye to refinement, alignment and consolidation
- Drive content modelling and taxonomy development processes and outcomes
- Develop, implement and operationalize a taxonomy governance framework across multiple business units and diverse stakeholders
- Partner with developers, engineers and content teams in implementing taxonomies
- Educate stakeholders on taxonomy processes, workflows, and implementation frameworks
- Contribute to product roadmaps for taxonomy services in line with a broader content ecosystem strategy
Qualifications and experience
- Experience establishing, developing and maintaining taxonomies in a global organization including an understanding of the theoretical principles of taxonomy architecture and experience adapting controlled vocabularies to meet specific organizational or business needs
- Master's degree in Library or Information Science, or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience
- Demonstrated knowledge in thesauri and taxonomy standards (e.g. SKOS) and best practices
- Experience in developing content models and supporting taxonomies
- Knowledge of ontologies and ontology standards (e.g. OWL) and best practices
- Demonstrated success in the design and collection of taxonomy requirements, including use of interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, business process outcome modeling, and task and workflow analysis
- In-depth understanding of the principles of linked data
- Knowledge of the principles of and best practices for content modelling
- Experience with taxonomy management software such as PoolParty or Synaptica highly desirable
- Experience establishing and leading taxonomy governance processes and stakeholder management
Community / Marketing Title: Taxonomy Lead
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-01-08 17:08:52.253
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.