Software Engineer Internship - FIFA Mobile Team
Location: Bucharest, RO
Requisition Number: 154143
Position Title: Intern General
FIFA Mobile Team – Software Engineer Internship
- April – June – Part time working hours (flexible and to be confirmed)
- July – September – Full time working schedule
ENTERTAINING IS OUR PASSION
EA was founded over 30 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games.
Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA Favorites like Burnout, Battlefield, Mercenaries, Dead Space, Spore, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world’s most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fuelled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
About EA Sports and FIFA team
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports videogames, including FIFA Soccer, Madden NFL football, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, NCAA® Football, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, SSX, and Fight Night boxing. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
FIFA Soccer is the most popular and best-selling sports video game in the world, winning more than 150 awards the past three years and selling more than 100 million units lifetime-to-date. Year after year, FIFA Soccer delivers unmatched emotion, quality and authenticity to millions of fans of “the beautiful game.” FIFA Soccer 12 was chosen Best Sports Game by E3 Game Critics for 2011 and once again will deliver the best sports experience no matter how or where you want to play.
Want to build up some solid work experiences in the game industry? You have come to the right place if you want to experience the breadth of what game industry has to offer before picking your path.
The mobile team is developing the FIFA titles for all major mobile platforms today (iOS, Android and Windows Phone), bringing a rich offline and online football experience to users’ handsets and tablets. FIFA Mobile has the complexity and depth of a full featured console game as well as the nimbleness, ease of use and fast paced gameplay specific to the mobile world.
The FIFA mobile engineers work in core game areas that support the gameplay experience (3D rendering, play-by-play voice commentary, in-game presentation that closely resemble TV broadcasts, multiplayer, touch controls and many more), and a front end system which supports the online FIFA Ultimate Team game mode built on major tech used in the video game industry, centered around user experience and efficient communication with online game servers.
If you have a passion for software development in general and game development in particular then you are highly encouraged to apply with our team. We will give you the opportunity to build the foundation you need to excel at any game industry software engineering position in the future by seeing EA’s approach for ensuring its games meet the highest possible software quality standards in the most efficient way.
- The Intern will assist in building features and polishing the game to high quality standards, working with producers and other software engineers.
- They will have the opportunity to develop client-server communication between the various game servers and the game client, social features like Facebook integration, gameplay video generation and sharing, or even dive deep into performance analysis and low level optimizations to hit CPU, memory or rendering targets.
- They will need to understand and follow standard software engineering processes and best practices for requirements, design, implementation and testing. This is a great opportunity to learn about the game development industry and experience the development lifecycle of a very large project.
Skills we are searching for:
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Familiarity in OOP design, algorithms and data structures
- Understanding of software engineering concepts, debugging processes and procedures
- Programming knowledge in C++
- Experience developing for mobile platforms (iOS or Android) – apps, small games etc. a plus
- Previous Software development experience (including academic or home projects) is a plus
- Desire to learn and explore new technology and concepts
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer Internship - FIFA Mobile Team
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-01-03 10:14:27.747
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bucharest, RO