DevOps Software Engineer Intern
Location: Bucharest, RO
Requisition Number: 154142
Position Title: Intern General
Intern - DRE DevOps Engineer
We are EA!
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
About Development and Release Engineering Team
Ever wondered how dozens of people work collaboratively and simultaneously to develop a complex game? In EA this is facilitated by us, the Development and Release Engineering (DRE) team. Our domain is at the intersection of DevOps, Release Management, Build Engineering, and Production Support. We run services that empower development teams around the world. We enable EA to ship great games.
We develop and run Continuous Integration (CI) systems to provide fast and reliable automated feedback on the production readiness of a game every time there’s a change in any part of the system (code, art, audio or production infrastructure). We are EA’ subject matter experts when it comes to Automated Builds and Smoke Testing. Our systems are producing tons of metrics and the builds that end up on players’ PC/console/mobile. We are the superusers of Perforce and git and consultants for the Release strategy. We write our own technology when we have to, but we prefer using well-known open source software.
People come to us with complex loosely-defined problems and ask us to turn them into solutions. Sometimes this means we’re collaborating on problems outside our knowledge area, which requires us to learn new things quickly and thrive in ambiguity.
We’re a small team with a great deal of responsibility, which means you’ll learn new technologies and join us as being domain experts in new areas.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and operate Continuous Integration for games
- Expand the build and test automation with new projects or functionality including configuration of orchestration jobs, development of build scripts, installation procedures
- Provide troubleshooting support for automation breakages; critically asses the repetitive disruptions and suggest and implement ways of eliminating toil activities
- Monitor and analyze metrics in order to optimize the automation systems
- Assist in evolving our release pipeline, using concepts like Infrastructure as Code and Advanced Virtualization
You will have the opportunity to:
- Interact and experiment with diverse technologies.
- Exercise and develop your problem-solving skills.
- Have exposure into multiple game projects simultaneously.
- Engage with game titles across a variety of platforms (PCs, consoles, mobile devices).
- Experience a distributed work environment.
- Inject fresh ideas and bring innovations in our tech stack.
- Basic knowledge of batch/shell scripting
- OOP knowledge using programming languages like C# / Java
- A broad base of general knowledge and interest on multiple disciplines within software development and practices
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
- Good verbal and written English
- Familiarity with Jenkins automation server
- Familiarity with version control systems (Perforce, Git)
- Knowledge in one of the following: Python or Groovy
- Familiarity with databases (MS SQL, MySQL) or other data management engines (Elasticsearch, Splunk, MongoDB)
- Knowledge in gaming consoles (Xbox, PlayStation) and/or mobile devices (iPhone, Android)
- Working knowledge in Linux
What tech are we using?
Although it is not required to have experience in all our tech, candidates often find it helpful to know what we are using. This is not an exhaustive list and this changes over time as we find better solutions.
- Windows 10, CentOS
- Jenkins CI
- Perforce, git, GitLab
- vSphere / VMware
- Groovy, Python, C#, C++, Java
- batch/shell scripting, PowerShell
- Chef, Ansible, Packer
- Elasticsearch, Kibana, Splunk, SQL
- Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Software Engineer Intern
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-12-19 08:52:34.237
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bucharest, RO