Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 154128
Position Title: Staff Analyst
Quality Verification team is on the hunt for a data-driven storyteller who can support the planning, design, and execution of quality verification for various game titles.
The Staff Analyst (i.e. Data Analyst for Quality Verification) will have a sixth sense for making sense of the numbers, identifying outliers and providing sound guidance and support to help create and integrate a unified quality strategy into the development process. The successful candidate will have a keen eye for spotting patterns, identifying risk and opportunity and will couple effective communication with a solid technical skillset.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Evaluate and interpret data to extrapolate risks and opportunities, relaying them to the team and management in a timely manner.
- Import data from multiple sources and conduct thorough analysis utilizing SQL and other database tools.
- Prepare reports and presentations that help your team identify key areas of opportunity and insight to drive future design and decision-making.
- Perform quality assurance on generated and final results to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the timeline impact of bug counts, bug fix rates, test case completion speed, time to complete a play through, etc.
- Interface with development teams and take ownership of multiple area(s) of the game, providing feedback to feature and content designers as needed
- Develop and foster strong working relationships with development teams; integrate and account for developers specific requests on feedback Introductory to intermediate knowledge of competitive products.
- Intermediate understanding of how to develop and structure effective test cases; may independently author portions of the test suite for a project or subject area.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- 4+ years’ experience in Quality Assurance or comparable development experience
- Experience in data analysis, including knowledge on SQL and other database/BI tools
- Experience with various bug tracking tools
- Understanding of quality assurance techniques, frameworks, and methodologies
- Excels in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment with minimal supervision.
- Agile and Games industry experience is a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Analyst
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-01-17 04:14:49.51
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN