Backend Software Engineer - 6 Month Contract
Location: Stockholm, Stockholms lan SE
Requisition Number: 154064
Position Title: Software Engineer III
DICE is hiring, and this is your opportunity to take part in the creation of the most innovative interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work, and that is why we are looking for passionate, creative people like you!
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the successful Battlefield franchise. DICE is also home of the Frostbite Engine, Star Wars: Battlefront, as well as being the creators of Mirror’s Edge.
At our studio based in Uppsala, we are looking for an experienced and talented Backend Engineer, who is passionate about developing systems and services to support the live operations and online gameplay for our millions of users. During the on-boarding process (approximately the first month), this person will be based in Uppsala. After that initial month, there's a possibility of working from the Stockholm office.
You will be working in small teams that work closely together to create solutions for game requirements using modern technologies and frameworks deployed to cloud-based infrastructure. You will also be working with a large number of existing systems; some developed at DICE, some developed externally. This will require collaborating with a lot of different teams within EA and DICE on a regular basis
What does a Backend Software Engineer do at DICE?
- Develop distributed, resilient and high-performing back-end services using Scala and other system software languages such as Go
- Collaborate closely with the game development teams to adapt existing systems or create new ones for DICE titles
- Adapt central EA technologies to meet game designs requirements from the game development teams, such as matchmaking
- Leverage modern open-source stacks including Scala and Finagle
- Deploy services on cloud-based infrastructures such as Mesos and Kubernetes
- Be responsible for performance and load testing at the service level (using tools such as Gatling)
- Experience in large distributed high-performing systems
- Knowledge of Scala, Java or other JVM language (Scala is the strong preference here)
- Knowledge of Git, or similar distributed source management system
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery
- Good communication and documentation experience
- Proficient in written and spoken English
Nice to Haves
- Experience with cloud deployment, preferably AWS
- Good knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of C++ or C#
- Knowledge of Mesos/Aurora or Kubernetes
- Experience with Docker or similar container formats
- Contributions to Open Source projects is a plus
- An interest in games is advantageous
As part of the application process, we may ask you to take on a practical work test. The position is a 6-month contract, and applications will be selected continuously. Apply online with a combined CV and Cover Letter in English.
Community / Marketing Title: Backend Software Engineer - 6 Month Contract
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-12-17 11:54:08.21
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Stockholm, Stockholms lan SE