Location: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi CN
Requisition Number: 154023
Position Title: Technical Director I
Position: Technical Director
We are looking for a Technical Director in our Shanghai Studio.
As a key member of the project, you will have the opportunity to work with a passionate team. Your role will be to drive the projects tech development. Along with other function leads and producers, you will collaborate with internal and also external key stakeholders to bring the projects to completion with high quality and in time.
- Oversee both client and server side development. Ensure architecture and implementation meet product requirements across the entire system.
- Champion quality and performance. Define uncompromising target metrics and create processes and culture to exceed them.
- Help to build the automation systems to improve the QA efficiency.
- Help identify technical risk and mitigation plan.
- Communicate technical architecture, strategy, details, and status to non-technical team members.
- Share knowledge internally. Apply lessons learned by other teams and align with the broader EA's technology portfolio.
- Manage and coach the team to grow their skills and ability to meet our growing standard.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 10 years+ years of industry technical experience including 2+ years in software development leadership positions.
- Broad knowledge of and experience on game development with one of the platforms, mobile, PC or console.
- Broad knowledge of and experience with server development and operations (including strategies to maximize availability, scalability, responsiveness, quality, and security).
- Understanding of distributed server and cloud technologies.
- Strong knowledge of multiple programming languages (including C++, NodeJS etc).
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices and processes.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Self-motivated and problem solving oriented.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-12-14 02:24:41.53
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi CN