Gameplay Software Engineer
Location: Gothenburg, Västra Götaland County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 154021
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are Ghost Games, an EA Studio
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Ghost was founded in Gothenburg in 2011 with one clear goal: to create stunning racing games for the worldwide audience. They are now located in Gothenburg (Sweden), Guildford (UK) & Bucharest (Romania).
The Adventure Ahead
The Ghost studio in Bucharest is looking for a software engineer to join our engineering team. The ideal candidate will bring new ideas, creativity and not hesitate to speak up with what they have to offer. Our experienced engineers are keen to mentor/train you in what it takes to develop cutting edge features for our AAA games. We’re looking for someone who can bring us enthusiasm, a desire to learn, and a new perspective to add to our collaborative studio.
What an Engineer does at Ghost:
- Working as part of our engineering team, you’ll develop & specialize your programming skills, learning to turn ideas into implementations that ship in games
- Collaborates daily with other engineers and departments todeliver amazing features – both in-person and via Slack and email
- Implements, tests and maintains reliable and efficient code
An Engineer at Ghost also needs:
- To be comfortable in C++ programming with a desire to enhance their skills.
- BSc in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Good understanding of object-oriented design principles
- A passion for bringing new ideas to the office, a drive for teamwork, and engagement to become a better software engineer today in order to bring high-quality entertainment for our future titles.
Community / Marketing Title: Gameplay Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-01-14 15:45:15.683
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.