Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 154014
Position Title: Technical Artist 1
FIFA - Technical Interface Designer (Temporary)
The Technical Interface Designer (TID) bridges the gap between artists and software engineers by combining strong artistic skills and extensive experience with programming and scripting. The TID is part of the art team and works closely with artists, project managers, programmers and other TIDs.
- Script and time animations in Flash
- Apply proper console art optimization techniques
- Create engaging motion graphics demos based on high level visual direction
- High fidelity rapid prototyping for UX evaluation
- Create and debug broadcast overlays (HUD) based on provided mockups and video references
- Investigate new techniques and implement them within the team; maintain an awareness of changes in technology, in terms of hardware, art packages, and new asset creation techniques, and work with team leaders to drive innovation
- Design, implement and deploy tools to improve art and animation workflow
- Responsible for maintaining and creating naming conventions, art repository, tools, and scripts for the art team
- Adept in scripting and other Object Oriented programming languages
- Proficient with Flash, Photoshop, and other graphics and animation applications
- Excellent problem-solving skills: a successful candidate must be able to quickly identify and debug issues
- Ability to communicate clearly and regularly with both engineering and art, articulating both the needs of the art team and the constraints of tech
- Willingness to learn proprietary production pipelines and workflows
- Must be able to document all tools on the internal wiki and support artists on the use of new tools
Other Preferred Skills/Qualifications:
- Understanding of user experience principles
- Understanding of revision version control software. Knowledge of Perforce is ideal
- Ability to create visual targets through motion graphics software such as AE and C4D
- Degree in a relevant visual art or technical subject highly desired
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-12-12 01:26:50.47
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA