Character Artist (Contract)
Location: Orlando, Florida US
Requisition Number: 153956
Position Title: Contingent
Character Artist (Contract)
The Character Artist is responsible for building the geometry of organic and inorganic characters in the game. EA Character Artists are skilled in human character modeling of both realistic and stylized figures in Maya. Character models are highly complex and detailed in video games with some characters coming close to 500,000 polygons. The Character Modeler will show an interest in opportunities to innovate character creation across multiple teams within EA. They will work directly with the Lead Character Modeler and the AD to ensure content is meeting the quality bar.
What does EA look for:
- 3+ years’ experience in modeling and/or character art
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Strong portfolio in realistic character art. Please provide a link to portfolio on the resume.
- Strong technical skills in working with Maya, Photoshop, and ZBrush
- Experience in prototyping and working closely with multi-disciplinary teams consisting of technical artists, artists, and engineers.
- Strong knowledge of emerging industry standard tools, workflows, and techniques including physically based rendering.
- Demonstrates an expert understanding of human anatomy, clothing construction (wrinkle behavior), proportion, silhouette and topology and how it relates to rendering and deformation.
- Demonstrates an understanding of a broad mix of character related disciplines such as modeling, texturing, shading, rigging & binding, animation, facial animation, and blend shapes.
- Demonstrates the ability to articulate the art direction focus and art reviews through written and verbal communication to internal and external teams.
- Demonstrates an expert ability to prepare assets for physical simulations such as cloth, hair, etc.
- Demonstrates an excellent ability to interpret 2D reference material and scan data into 3D textured and surfaced models.
- Demonstrates an ability to document workflows that will be used by internal and external teams.
- Strong technical experience is preferred.
Sports knowledge and enthusiasm a plus.
Community / Marketing Title: Character Artist (Contract)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-12-07 19:31:52.483
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Orlando, Florida US