Technical Artist 2(Rigger 2)
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi CN
Requisition Number: 153949
Position Title: Technical Artist 2
Position: SHAS-Rigger/Technical Animator
Location: Shanghai, China
The Rigger/Technical Animator is responsible for creating and maintaining complex, re-usable “animator-friendly” rigs for use in in-game animation. He should also develop tools and refine pipelines for the animation production process. The candidate should possess a high level of proficiency in the animation software package of the given project cycle. The technical animator must be able to work under the Technical Art Director and interpret and execute technical requirements with minimal supervision. It is preferable that the candidate is well versed in both key framing and mocap cleanup, as well as helps guide junior animators and lead by example.
- Create and maintain “animator-friendly” and re-usable rigs.
- Develop tools & refine pipelines for the animation production process, including batching, automation and the integration of keyframe, mocap, procedural, and run-time dynamic animation.
- Proactively seek out inefficiencies and problems in existing rigging/animation processes as well as potential problems.
- Help track efficiency of asset pipeline and processes throughout the life of the project, improving and enhancing them where necessary.
- Troubleshoot asset pipelines and processes in use.
- Work with other disciplines to ensure the quality of the characters and animation for all aspects of the project.
- Create and maintain documents outlining animation needs, including in-game animation, motion capture shoots, and animation critiques.
- Check assets (rigs and animations) for technical integrity before integrating them into the game.
- Troubleshoot technical issues inherent in maintaining a clean file structure and pipelines for both in-house and 3rd party software.
- Work closely with Animators to provide and modify rigs, weighting and control functionality to meet the animator’s requirements.
- Adherence to materials/anatomy and animation principles is emphasized, as is patience and a willingness to experiment!
- Creative use of deformers to achieve a specific deformation called for by Animation with a concise set of animation controls.
- Solid scripting knowledge for tools and rig generation, python experience strongly preferred.
- Technical skills and knowledge of production pipeline
- Rigging and weighting experience
- A deep understanding of the principles of animation
- Strong Knowledge of the human anatomy, form and weight
- Experience in rigging a wide range of characters and creatures, both biped and quadruped
- Good aptitude for problem solving and self-starting with the ability to work with minimal direction
- Strong expertise in Maya
- Familiarity with key frame animation best practices
- 2 years+ for animation in games or related field
- Detail oriented, organized and able to meet project requirements
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Artist 2(Rigger 2)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-12-07 02:53:31.65
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi CN