Finance Manager - WW Studios
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 153942
Position Title: Manager II, Finance
We’re EA—one of the world’s largest video game publishers. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games and services for every platform—from mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
Tasked with envisioning and executing on tools and technologies that drive world-class quality is our Central Development Services teams (CDS) team at Electronic Arts. We are on the forefront of emerging technologies and tools that enable our teams to create and code better and more efficiently. Working as one team we are innovating and evolving the Quality function, designed to be nimble, innovative and preventive, rather than solely detective.
We are now seeking an experienced Finance Manager to be a collaborative business partner and trusted advisor to the CDS teams. Based in Vancouver, this role will work closely with all our teams to deliver World Class products and services that influence and touch the end-to-end Player Experience. This role will report to the head of CDS FP&A based in Madrid.
- Be a collaborative business partner, acknowledged and integrated as a trusted advisor to the CDS teams.
- Overall accountability for all core FP&A processes including, but not limited to: fiscal year planning, quarterly estimates and identification and communication of financial risks & opportunities.
- Drive financial reporting, metrics, dashboards and performance indicators vs. both fiscal plan and long range strategic plans/targets
- Overall accountability for financial controllership including: adherence to corporate policies and processes, monthly expense accruals, monthly close, variance analysis and reporting.
- Communication and Collaboration – Partnering with other FP&A groups to ensure we are working as one team.
- Mentoring and growing the Senior Financial Analysts within CDS as well as providing support where needed to drive the right conversations and decision making.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant business experience in an FP&A role
- Job-costing experience dealing specifically with large, multi-year projects a definite asset as well as experience in a large, public company
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, and able to be an effective and credible presenter to Studio Leadership and EA Senior Management.
- Managerial experience – hiring, managing, and developing staff
- Excellent MS PowerPoint/Excel skills -- Hyperion Planning, Oracle R12 experience preferred
- Proven ability to establish and build relationships across an organization – both locally and remote locations.
- Customer focused, possessing professional presence, intelligence, self-confidence and ability to interact with Studio Leadership and EA Senior Management.
- Exceptionally strong results orientation and bias to action. Willingness to ask questions and challenge the status quo. Self-motivated, demonstrates initiative, flexibility, maturity under pressure, and anticipates and resolves problems before they develop.
- Ability to lead and manage through change
Community / Marketing Title: Finance Manager - WW Studios
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-12-07 17:09:48.3
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA