BioWare: Player Communications Director
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 153939
Position Title: Producer I
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
BioWare, Player Communication Director
Responsible for the strategy and execution of BioWare's player communications to drive business results as defined by our Live Service game goals.
We view player communication as a critical arm for success with our Live Service games. Having consistent and authentic contact with our players, both in and out of game, is a key element in achieving our acquisition, retention and monetization goals. This role's primary responsibility is to build a deep understanding of our games and define the voice we need to connect to players with in-game and out-of-game media. As the vision holder for the voice of the game, you drive for consistency and authenticity of that voice.
The person in this role works at the intersection of BioWare’s Live Service development teams and EA's brand marketing groups. The role will be be responsible for designing a comprehensive game-centric communication plan that takes full advantage of all communication surfaces, including game UI and dedicated surfaces like Aruba. The plan must broadly inform players, help them with the discovery of features and content, reinforce game motivation systems, and direct specific game behaviours. This role is expected to drive communication excellence across all formats.
This role reports into BioWare’s Head of Live Service and will influence all of BioWare’s live games.
What the Player Communication Director will do at BioWare:
- Manages player communications to drive KPIs and maintain player-to-developer relationships:
- Defines and drives player communication strategy
- Uses market awareness and best practices to drive innovation in player communications
- Defines game voice and presentation for consistency of tone
- Serves as advocate for player voice within the game team
- Owns calendars, frequency, and quality targets of communication
- Uses analysis, insights and reporting to track results and improve business results
- Works with the product management & design teams to roll out new features and content
- Designs player communication focused events and promotions
- Acts as the primary studio liaison to EA's marketing teams:
- Represents BioWare in meetings involving EA's campaign, brand, creative, and communications groups to drive consistency for the game, brand, and player
- Internal to the studio, presents updates on marketing activities
- Reviews and contributes to marketing materials in collaboration with EA teams
- Partners with all outbound and inbound channels related to player communications
- Advocates for BioWare priorities with partner groups (CMO, EADP, external groups)
- Partners with dev teams and EA groups to coordinate consumer research and concept testing activities
- Ensures BioWare matches company best practices for player communications
- Defines and drives requirements for Live Service-related communication tools and technologies
Who You Are:
- 5+ years relevant marketing or community experience; driving media and/or communications campaigns for top-tier console, PC, and mobile games and brands in highly competitive landscapes
- Deep understanding of performance marketing and best practices; 3+ years’ practice with a breadth of platforms in the digital media landscape and their capabilities
- Strategic thinker with an ability to quickly adapt thinking and communication while maintaining a position as needed in a challenging fast-paced environment
- Practice in converting complex data driven results into strategic insights, learnings, and presentations for senior leadership
- Current knowledge of and passion for the gaming culture and the gaming market
- Endlessly creative. Great at coming up with new ideas for content that is relevant to our games and to our fans
- Experience with public communications through social media outlets and solid understanding of major social media platforms and the kind of content that works best for each
- Someone who views challenges as opportunities, solution oriented, and a creative problem solver founded on strong communication skills with quantitative and qualitative insights
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required; Degree in Marketing, Communications, or Business is preferred
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
More info Contact: Shannon Wynn @ firstname.lastname@example.org
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Player Communications Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-12-13 18:19:12.41
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US