Software Engineer in Test
Location: Madrid, ES
Requisition Number: 153928
Position Title: Software Engineer in Test 1
Main Purpose of the Role
As part of the Quality Assurance organization, the Software Quality Engineering team provides solutions used by game teams to improve the quality of EA games.
Our team provides solutions for game debugging, build verification, automated testing, and data analysis. Our customers include the whole of the development team from Producers to Artists and Engineers as well as the whole of the QA team from Management to Core Game Testers.
The Quality Assurance Software Engineer will be working on various aspects to ensure the quality of new games. They will enable requirements based testing, unit testing, integration testing by implementing proprietary and commercial tools.
They will work with test leads to develop, test and execute some automated tests as well as debugging and testing tools.
They will work closely with both test and development leaders to continually evaluate and improve the software development and testing process.
As a Software Engineer, this individual must be able to write and understand object oriented code, follow guidelines and best practices while applying high quality standards in order to provide defect free software to specifications.
Finally, the Quality Assurance Software Engineers are the representatives of our group to our customers and as such must have good representation skills and carry our values.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop tools and systems in support of testing or debugging on schedule and specification
• Be able to define and write requirements for testing or automation and ensure their completion regardless if the work is done internally or externally
• Respect coding standards
• Follow best practices
• Test own work and provide defect free software/systems to customers
• Document all work done
• Work with partners on outside deliveries
Customer Relationship Management
• Writing and presenting our plans by delivering the right message to the stakeholders
• Continuous, front-line communication with all of our customers on our goals and strategy
• Ability to negotiate with end-users on features, priorities, deliverables, and timeline
• Advise customers on solutions
• Publish all documentation on the portal or wiki.
• Gather requirements and draft reports
• Analyze and produce scientifically sound and easily interpreted reports
• Work with partners on outside deliveries
What skills does EA look for??
Skills and Knowledge Required
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or above/equivalent
• Training or experience with software testing tools
• Knowledge of the Game Industry and software development processes
• Competence with some of the current development technologies and platforms including C++, C#, Java, PHP, SQL, AJAX, SharePoint and web design
• Ability to debug and determine root cause analysis on complex programs
• Superior Customer Service Skills
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills including technical writing and process documentation.
• Extensive Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Access, InfoPath, Visio, Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Ability to follow documented procedures, identify potential improvements and update as necessary.
• Ability to work independently with minimal outside supervision.
• Task oriented, able to set realistic milestones and work towards successful completion.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible – able to adapt plans and react to change.
• Successfully interface with customers with a diverse set of backgrounds and needs - able to speak their language, appreciate their challenges, and maintain their respect.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Consistently demonstrate respect for others roles and contributions.
• Resourceful and innovative - identify issues and implement solutions, as required.
• Goal driven achiever with high productivity.
• Ability to see, understand and work within the wider strategic picture.
• Flexible; comfortable in environment of constant change.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and passion. You will also get a benefit package that includes medical and life insurance, pension plan, meal vouchers, stocks programs, fitness reimbursement, flex benefit program…and of course, free video games.
At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- Click hereif you want to know more about our location
- Please check out our digital magazine for more information about Living in Spain
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer in Test
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-12-10 20:19:19.147
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Madrid, ES