Location: Redwood City, California US
Requisition Number: 153907
Position Title: Senior Analyst
Role Overview: Viewership Analyst
As a Viewership Analyst, you will play a key role in analyzing data to improve the viewing experience for viewers of EA’s competitive gaming titles. You will play a lead role in defining digital and linear viewership metrics to use for eSports-related content, assessing and interpreting performance, and conducting analyses to share with sponsors on value of viewership. You will help inform strategic broadcasting decisions by conducting research on how we broadcast eSports content and reporting out results to relevant stakeholders.
- Work with cross-functional teams to analyze eSports viewership data (digital and linear) and share insights and recommendations on performance
- Help define and update key viewership metrics while working with team members and others in the industry
- Define targets and appropriate benchmarks for eSports viewership
- Use statistics and machine learning to help determine optimal broadcasting strategies and drive further revenue
- Conduct experimental research on digital and linear viewership to further inform eSports broadcasting decisioning
- Partner with Business Intelligence and Database Engineers to identify and manage data requirements to support high-quality analysis and reporting.
- Advise product teams about data capture needs.
- Analyze and offer guidance on improving viewership and creation of 3rd-party produced content (streamers, tournament operators, etc) for eSports-supported titles (FIFA, Madden, C&C Rivals, FIFA Online 4)
- Help in the creation of a reporting framework for viewership metrics analysis, and help teams within Channel strategy, marketing, and broadcast to interpret results as it relates relevant activities.
Key skills /experience:
- Undergraduate or graduate-level degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Economics).
- 0-2 years of experience with a graduate degree, or 2-4 years of experience without a graduate degree in a digital media-based industry; digital video or TV media research preferred.
- SQL skills, including experience querying large, complex data sets; experience with platforms like Redshift and Apache Hive is preferred.
- Applicants should have experience with using statistical inference methods and data mining techniques to analyze detailed aspects of digital business performance.
- Applicants should have the ability to interface effectively with strategic partners and the skills to convert analyses into actionable insights and recommendations.
- Applicants should have experience with programmatic data analysis tools (e.g. R, Python, Spark Scala)
- Applicants should have a vivid understanding of how use computational tools to solve problems.
- Applicants should have experience creating informative and interpretable visualizations of data and analyses using open-source or proprietary technologies.
- Applicants should be able to effectively communicate with people at various levels of business and technical expertise, including the ability to simplify difficult technical concepts.
- Knowledge of the eSports and gaming industry is highly preferred.
- Applicants would preferably have experience working with digital viewership metrics and audience measurement tools, along with proprietary and third party consumer insight data.
Community / Marketing Title: Viewership Analyst
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-12-05 19:26:56.747
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US