Competitive Gaming Analyst
Location: Redwood City, California US
Requisition Number: 153905
Position Title: Senior Analyst
Role Overview: Competitive Gaming Analyst
As a Competitive Gaming Analyst, you will play a key role in analyzing data to improve the player experience for EA’s most competitively-inclined players. You will play a significant role in determining the value of competitive gaming at EA, from casual couch challenges to eSports superstars. You will help inform strategic game design and feature decisions by researching the behavior of elite players and helping optimize key performance metrics in acquisition, retention, and monetization.
- Coordinate with competitive gaming stakeholders to gather business questions, create and prioritize analytical requirements, and provide polished results
- Produce strategic insights to help business stakeholders make business decisions.
- Define targets and appropriate benchmarks for competitive gameplay
- Use statistics and machine learning to help determine optimal design strategies and drive further revenue
- Conduct experimental research on in-game features to learn about the competitive player-base
- Work with large, distributed data sources to conduct analyses
- Document analysis methodologies, conclusions, and business actions taken.
- Partner with Business Intelligence and Database Engineers to identify and manage data requirements to support high-quality analysis and reporting.
- Advise product teams about data capture needs.
- Consider analysis transparency and reproducibility as best practices.
- Maintain a reporting framework for keeping business stakeholders informed on crucial business metrics.
Key skills /experience:
- Undergraduate or graduate-level degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Economics).
- 0-2 years of experience with a graduate degree, or 2-4 years of experience without a graduate degree in a consumer products-oriented industry; gaming, entertainment, or e-commerce is a plus
- SQL skills, including experience querying large, complex data sets; experience with platforms like Redshift and Apache Hive is preferred.
- Applicants should have experience with using statistical inference methods and data mining techniques to analyze detailed aspects of digital business performance.
- Applicants should have the ability to interface effectively with strategic partners and the skills to convert analyses into actionable insights and recommendations.
- Applicants should have experience with programmatic data analysis tools (e.g. R, Python, Spark Scala)
- Applicants should have a vivid understanding of how use computational tools to solve problems.
- Applicants should have experience creating informative and interpretable visualizations of data and analyses using open-source or proprietary technologies.
- Applicants should be able to effectively communicate with people at various levels of business and technical expertise, including the ability to simplify difficult technical concepts.
- Knowledge of the eSports and gaming industry is highly preferred.
Community / Marketing Title: Competitive Gaming Analyst
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-12-11 21:22:41.99
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US