Software Engineer in Test
Location: Vancouver - Still Creek, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 153857
Position Title: Software Engineer in Test 1
We are EA
Electronic Arts is more than you’ve ever realized. We’re more than a company, or a headline, or even a clever catchphrase – we’re a vibrant community of over 8,000 artists, storytellers, technologists and innovators working toward a shared vision: to inspire and unite through play.
The Challenge Ahead:
EA’s Digital Platform (EADP) organization is responsible for driving critical technology decisions and investments for EA on a global basis, across all divisions and studio teams. Technology and engineering leadership at EA is critical to making the industry’s best games and services and the EADP team is leading the way to providing cross-platform infrastructure that will keep our consumers connected with our games anytime, anywhere with anyone.
What a Software Engineer in Test, Systems Test does at EA:
This unique role will be perfect for an individual who likes to find innovative ways of testing complex software systems and in writing tools to analyze test results. Reporting to the Quality Engineering Architect, you will work closely with software developers and test engineers in all phases of the software development lifecycle across multiple locations.
- Test analysis tools development.
- Identification, definition, and measurement of key metrics.
- Server-side grey box testing, including API testing and web testing.
- Analysis of complex technical architectures across EA’s platform and infrastructure to lead the assessment of all failures to determine root causes and drive fixes.
- Work with other Software Engineers to execute and troubleshoot tests.
Required Technical Skills And Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or other STEM disciplines, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Applied knowledge of statically-typed, object-oriented programming languages – java strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of a variety of database tools and languages, including SQL.
- Continuous delivery process and practice. Jenkins or bamboo knowledge, artifactory, maven, sbt, version control (git or p4), CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge of scalable platform architecture, end-to-end systems design and architecture.
- Able to work and problem solve independently, to organize workload and priorities, and write high-quality technical documentation.
Performance Competencies (Non-technical Skills)
- Passion and creativity for problem solving and systems testing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Constantly innovate how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Excellent decision making capabilities.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer in Test
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-01-10 05:30:04.707
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Vancouver - Still Creek
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver - Still Creek, British Columbia CA