Location: Pasadena, California US
Requisition Number: 153828
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Industrial Toys, creators of Midnight Star and Midnight Star: Renegade, is ramping up to start its next adventure and looking for new team members to help make it the best yet. Building on hard-won knowledge as an indie studio, we've joined forces with EA to realize our vision of what it means to be "Mobile To The Core!" If you're interested in creating innovative experiences that will reach mobile players around the world, join up today!
DRE are EA’s continuous integration and build experts. We are a team of over 100, located in EA studios across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
We pride ourselves on providing superior automation services to our internal customers - EA's game, engine, product, and content teams.
We are seeking a passionate individual to join DRE in Pasadena as a Build Engineer and provide world-class service to our internal mobile game team customers.
- Work as a technical liaison with development teams to address build issues and improvements
- Collaborate with team-mates to maintain and enhance a robust automation pipeline
- Create, modify, and maintain pipeline and workflow tools
- Monitor automation systems and proactively respond to breakages
- Monitor and analyze metrics to optimize automation systems
- Report regular status on assigned tasks and proactively identify project risks and issues
We operate in a broad and dynamic technical environment. Candidates with experience in software development will be well-regarded, and exposure to a range of DevOps tools & technologies is a bonus.
- OO programming languages (e.g. Java, C#, C++)
- Scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl)
- Source-control administration (e.g. Perforce, Git)
- Mobile app development (e.g. iOS, Android)
- Build pipeline tools (e.g. Jenkins, QuickBuild, TeamCity)
- Configuration Management and Continuous Integration/Deployment
- Cloud deployments (e.g. to AWS, Azure, Google)
- Container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- System administration (e.g. Linux, Windows, VMware)
Ideal Candidate Characteristics
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to collaborate
- Ability to self-manage tasks and responsibilities
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Active interest in the DevOps movement
- Active contributor to the Open Source community
Community / Marketing Title: Build Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-11-29 23:10:16.033
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Los Angeles - Pasadena
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pasadena, California US