Software Engineer - Frostbite Audio and Movie
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 153771
Position Title: Software Engineer III
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players’ experiences first in everything we do. Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and brilliant, passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to deliver new ways to play. EA is driving the next revolution in games. Join us!
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state of the art multi-platform game development engine. We empower game creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with teams across EA to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of our industries’ most visually stunning games with deep player experiences in the industry.
Why join the Frostbite Audio and Movie team?
As a member of the Frostbite Audio and Movie team you will work with people that are passionate about developing tools and runtime technologies, which empower our community of award-winning content creators to build the very best sounding games in the industry. You will work closely with game studios throughout EA to tackle challenges across a broad range of genres and the results of your work will have a real impact on the final quality of games enjoyed by millions of players.
- Develop streaming movie solutions across multiple platforms
- Design, implement, test and debug code throughout the engine
Skills and Experience
- High level of proficiency with C++
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience designing highly maintainable, structured and documented code
- Advanced software development skills such as an understanding of memory management, multi-core utilization, runtime profiling and optimization, cross-platform development, object-oriented design, etc.
- Experience with working in a collaborative team environment
- Dependable and committed to delivering tasks on schedule and to a high quality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Bonus points if you have
- Experience with developing or maintaining a real time movie player, including:
- Industry standard movie containers such as MP4 and webm
- Industry standard video and audio CODECS such as H.264, VP8, AAC and Vorbis
- Streaming and parsing of movie content from various sources
- Computer networking experience, especially HLS, MPEG-DASH or other movie streaming protocols
- Some rendering experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in creating movie content through standard video tools such as FFMPEG
- Game industry experience, either with a central technology team or with a game studio
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. Since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- How the Frostbite engineis shaping the future of gaming
- More job openings for the Frostbite team
- More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/vancouver
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - Frostbite Audio and Movie
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-12-04 17:32:02.7
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA