Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 153748
Position Title: Asst Producer II
FIFA Mobile - Front End Engineer
We are the EA Sports Mobile Team, a division of EA crafting high quality mobile games and focusing on delivering high-quality, immersive experiences created to fit lifestyle of mobile gamers. EA Sports Mobile currently operates in Vancouver, British Columbia, Orlando, Florida, and Bucharest, Romania.
The Front End Software Engineer is a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in the domain of user/game engine interaction.
- Write technical design specifications.
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code.
- Integrate art content into the front end game engine.
- Develop tools, features and pipelines for the front end logic and screens.
- Working with Interface Graphic Designers to determine efficient graphic and code representation of GUI designs.
- Assembling graphic elements from Interface Graphic Designers within the Flash MX environment.
- Writing Haxe and C++ code to support user input, screen, inter-screen and GUI object behaviors, animations, and transitions.
- Create leading edge reusable technologies, both systems and engines if required.
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Proficiency with C++ (Visual C++ or Visual .NET recommended).
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Basic 2D and 3D rendering knowledge.
- Demonstrated experience in designing usable, consumer-oriented user interfaces.
- Experience with graphics tools and exporters such as Flash MX and Photoshop.
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code competently.
Experienced candidates should have expertise in a number of these fields: human computer interaction, human-centered design, user interface toolkits (i.e. Java Swing), ActionScript, techniques for optimizing 2D art assets, and usability testing.
Performance Competencies (Non Technical Skills):
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Constantly innovate how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Excellent decision making capabilities.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav |
Community / Marketing Title: Assistant Producer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-12-04 21:09:05.41
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA