Sr Software Engineer
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 153729
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
Senior Software Engineer
EA studios Frameworks team is looking for talented individuals to help us fulfill our mission of providing innovative tools and workflows that enable EA to lead the industry in content quality. With locations across the globe, our group strives to build an ecosystem of modular components that are efficient, adaptable to trends and allow for quick iteration of any artistic idea into reality.
What the Senior Engineer will do:
As a Senior Engineer on the team, you will help lead the effort to streamline, optimize and generally improve the ways data is organized, built and iterated on across the different departments involved in making content for our AAA games. The Frameworks team partners with several groups spanning all aspects of asset creation including character and world building, animation, rigging, audio and scanning, with whom we collaborate to bring art for modern games to life. As a leader on the team, your job will be to identify global problems, propose solutions, write software and build technologies that help our partner teams be more efficient in all aspects of asset creation; all with an eye towards common, scaleable solutions that work across all groups and titles.
Day to day you will:
- Identify and solve complex, systematic problems in the domain of tools, pipeline and workflow development
- Analyze problem spaces, risks and dependencies across multiple domains and/or toolsets
- Partner closely with end users to understand their workflows and toolset needs
- Use leading edge, innovative and pioneering work to advance EA’s technologies
- Gather requirements across large efforts that span multiple teams, locations and disciplines
- Architect tool design, implementation and debugging
- Define, communicate and implement coding standards across team and projects
- Mentor junior team members
Who you are:
- You have these technical skills
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 10 + years as an engineer in entertainment related industry
- Proficiency with C#
- Working knowledge of .NET Base class library - Core .NET 2.0 through 4.5
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Understanding and implementation of Design Patterns and implementation in C# code
- Designing User Interfaces in C# using WPF and/or Windows Forms
- Previous experience in tool development that may include world editing tools, 2D and 3D art content pipelines, art importers/exporters, automated content/data build systems and GUI development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Ability to analyze and improve workflow to enhance group productivity.
- You have these interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative interdisciplinary team environment
- Innovative mindset with focus on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
- Demonstrate dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience with C++
- Experience with Houdini and procedural solutions
- Exposure to unit testing frameworks (MBUnit, NUnit)
- Experience with build systems and concepts (TFS, Jenkins, NANT)
- Experience in working with Source Code Control Systems – TFS, Perforce, Source Safe, SVN, GIT
- Previous experience in WCF
- Experience with Agile (Scrum) development methodologies
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python
- Expertise and experience in UI development
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code competently
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-11-21 18:46:05.353
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA