Software Engineer- Architecture
Location: Stockholm, Stockholms lan SE
Requisition Number: 153697
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is a platform for game development within EA and is used by key franchises such as Battlefield, FIFA, Dragon Age, Need for Speed, Plants vs Zombies and many more. Our powerful runtime and workflows are highly configurable and cover all aspects of development including Audio, Animation, Cinematics, Scripting, Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Destruction, Rendering, Visual Effects, and more.
Thousands of game developers all over the world are using Frostbite to create games with our proprietary Engine. They need a powerful set of tools, a super-efficient runtime and a rich set of innovative features that is underpinned by an extensible and configurable architecture.
You will be part of the architecture team that works with all areas of the passionate and skilled Frostbite team. You will be working to ensure that software that we build meets the needs of our current games as well as being ready to meet the challenges of the future.
As a Software Engineer, you will
- Rapidly become an expert on Frostbite architecture and systems
- Contribute to architecture & design across Frostbite
- Create tooling to enforce architecture & policy (dependency checking, API breakage, etc.)
- Provide support and assistance to the team and users of Frostbite, share knowledge and publish results externally
- Work with senior members of the team to capture and document architecture and design
- Build engineering skills with experienced team members
- Passionate to impact games by establishing great architecture and developing great tech
- Strongly motivated to incrementally improve the code we own and ensure that our architecture and code get better every day
- Inspired to learn from and coach others in a high performing team
- Looking to learn and grow both breadth of knowledge and areas of deep expertise
- A degree in computer science or equivalent
- Strong programming skills (including C-like languages)
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Strong practical understanding of software architecture principals and design patterns
- Created and documented architecture models and implemented them in real systems
- Driven collaborative software design for at least one project
- Delivered appropriate automated test strategies for code at all levels from unit to systems
It would also be advantageous if you have
- Debugging and optimisation experience on different platforms.
- Knowledge of compilers or drivers, kernel level work, compiler, linker, assembler, parsing, parallel computation
- Built, maintained and supported software libraries, tools or features used by others
- Worked in agile development environments (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Worked with large and/or distributed teams
- Modified the design of existing software while keeping the migration of client software in mind
What’s in it for you?
At Frostbite we take care of our staff! In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage, a variety of sports activities and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and we provide our employees with occupational pension.
We respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is essential to our long-term success!
This opportunity is for a permanent position at Frostbite’s Stockholm office.
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. Apply online with a combined CV and introduction letter in English explaining “Why I want to work at Frostbite”.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer- Architecture
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-01-15 12:25:54.65
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Stockholm, Stockholms lan SE