Software Engineer III - Analytics
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 153689
Position Title: Software Engineer III
The Central Development Services (CDS) organization at Electronic Arts seeks a Senior Software Engineer with strong analytical and leadership skills for a full-time position. The Analytics Engineering team creates tools, methodologies, and services to provide self-service business intelligence to assist in the testing of our great games catalog.
We are looking for a Software Engineer that can engineer solutions using the full Microsoft BI stack and has a strong foundation in C# or other languages, Data Analytics and Data Warehousing technologies. Experience with cloud related technologies (Azure, AWS, Data Factory, U-SQL, SQL Server, Power BI, Hadoop, Hive) is an asset. You will work closely with Software Engineers (SE) and QV teams to deliver data needs of multiple teams.
This role requires an individual that can mentor junior engineers, and has a personality type that is outgoing, dynamic, enthusiastic and able to network across multiple groups and individuals to be part of a larger community.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Main area of responsibility for this role will be working with our Development, Service, and Business Analytics teams to develop, deploy, and support business intelligence tools. Duties will include:
- Engage and work amongst a small group of SEs working on the development of data solutions
- Help SEs build ETL/ELT, Data Warehousing Systems, maintain Azure Data Pipeline and other related infrastructure
- Work with data analysts to define requirements and deliver the necessary data and reporting needs.
- Ability to provide data quality support
- Partner with agile team members to drive quality standards through code reviews, test driven development strategies and design approvals
- Perform impact analysis and assisting with triage on service/support requests
- Document tools and practices and participate actively in knowledge sharing processes. Share best practices and learn from other team members and peers
- Promote positive morale and a sense of team identity
- A minimum of 10+ years of software development on data warehousing and modeling technologies
- Proficiency in C#
- Experience with advanced C# concepts like LINQ, collections, generics, delegates, exception handling, concurrency, multithreading, asynchronous programming;
- Good knowledge and experience of using industry recognized practices like unit testing, dependency injection, continuous integration and delivery;
- Solid knowledge of software design patterns, performance issues and troubleshooting strategies;
- Experience in skills mentoring and oversight of junior engineers
- Ability to work independently with minimal outside supervision
- Familiarity with cloud technologies like Azure and AWS
- Excellent written / oral communication and interpersonal skills
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer III - Analytics
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-11-16 21:22:34.01
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA