Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 153608
Position Title: Manager I, Shared Services
We’re EA—one of the world’s largest video game publishers. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games and services for every platform—from mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand.
EA India office is one of the largest R&D & Corporate Services office based in Hyderabad. We operate a mobile studio responsible for some of our popular mobile games on iOS & Android; QA Engineering for EA Digital Platform (EADP), HD Consoles, Online and Free to Play casual games. Corporate operates shared services for IT that provides networks & applications support and Finance provides procure to pay, accounts receivable, general ledger & digital revenue accounting, procurement, payroll services and FP&A.
The AR operation provides support to the North America, Europe and Asia market by performing cash application, deduction management, and collections for our customers. The center also supports the digital business by performing credit control & billing. The AR Manager is the leader of this operation of approx 25 members.
Apart from day-to-day operations, the AR Manager is required to participate in strategic worldwide programs and transition projects.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration, MBA finance a plus
- 10 – 12 years of experience in finance & accounting with a minimum of 6 years in accounts receivables and 6 years in supervisor role
- Candidate should have overseen deduction management preferably in a consumer products environment, retail supply chain and / or digital distribution.
- Experience with credit, including the ability to read and interpret financial statements and credit reporting
- Experience with accounts receivable (AR) management, analysis and reporting
- Hands on experience with Oracle preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Service oriented and conscientious with attention to detail
- Outgoing personality with excellent verbal & written English communication skills, commitment to achieving results.
- Willingness to be flexible with working hours given the potential global coverage of this role
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Oversee all matters related to AR Management which includes – cash application, deduction management (allowable & preventable), collections, credit control & billing (collectively the AR department). All personnel within the SSC AR operations will report directly & indirectly to the AR Manager. Accordingly, the AR Manager must oversee all department personnel and their work-product to ensure the company’s AR goals are met.
- Prepare & analyze AR reports and review them with shared service center team & regional functional owners, highlighting achievements, challenges and actions to overcome challenges to meet agreed targets.
- Approve financial transactions by validating requests from team members for bill-back, credit memo, credit limit, write offs etc. as per limits defined by corporate controller.
- The AR Manager will drive collections efforts especially on bill-back invoices which tend to age due to original charge back / claim by the customer.
- Ensure all credits issued to customers are utilized within prescribed time limits.
- Another key area is to ensure that all work in progress deduction items (chargeback claims) are resolved & collected per policy.
- Ensure that the AR department effectively fulfills its service commitment to our internal and external customers. Also all ad-hoc requests from internal business partners or customers are resolved satisfactorily.
- Experience in working with internal business and external partners to facilitate deduction research or collection efforts. Ability to sense situations and escalate whenever team member is unable to get desired results from business partners or carriers.
- Prepare reporting for month-end close, aging analysis, work in progress transactions, analyst wise / account wise performance.
- Ensure AR operations is compliant with financial regulations such as SOX
- Ensure that self and team adhere to the EA Global code of conduct
- Professionally coach & develop the AR department personnel to achieve business results, professional and personal goals.
- The AR Manager is responsible for setting expectations, delegation of work with proper direction & accountability, and performance evaluations at regular intervals.
- Develop the AR team through one on one coaching, monthly team meetings.
- Lead and support the AR team through regular team huddles and reviews
- Identify high performing individuals to take additional roles & responsibilities, succession planning for key positions
- Encourage employees to follow industry & function trends, enhance their knowledge in systems, functional concepts. Give opportunity to employees in monthly team meetings to share their learning with others.
Strategic Initiatives Management:
- Prepare existing team members for future change demands
- Participate in project briefing, reviews to learn about project progress and derive actions for Hyderabad team
- Participate along with team in system UAT, super user training
- Project manage any increase in scope for Hyderabad team with regards to AR activities
- Report progress to shared service center head, functional owners.
Community / Marketing Title: AR Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-11-19 06:18:50.073
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN