FIFA - Game Modes Engineer (Temporary)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 153590
Position Title: Software Engineer III
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work, and that’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Role: Game Modes Engineer
As a Game Modes Engineer, you’ll be responsible for helping to build out the front end of a game that is loved by millions of gamers around the world. You’ll be involved in the whole creation process from architecture design, implementation, debugging, and tuning on multiple platforms and device, working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in the Game Modes domain.
• Implementing and optimizing Client Front-End screens and workflow.
• Work with Interface Designer to lay out and create screens and components
• Work with Server and Client BE engineers to define, hook up and test end-to-end functionality
• Refine underlying screen navigation workflow
• Collaborate and contribute within small to medium team of engineers.
• Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code.
• Create tools, features and engine components to required coding standards.
• Profiling and optimizing software components of a game.
• Create leading edge reusable technologies, both systems and engines if required.
• Measurably improves process and best practices to achieve targets.
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
• 2+ years of experience with C++, Flash, Action Script 3
• 2+ years of experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
• Working knowledge of Photoshop
• Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
• Strong understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
• Prior experience shipping a console (PS4 or XB1) product
• Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code competently.
• Experience on an online game title a huge plus.
• Knowledge of Scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua, XML) a plus.
• Experience working with source control like Perforce, Git.
• Working knowledge of project or quality tracking software such as JIRA / Hansoft / DevTrack.
Performance Competencies (Non-Technical Skills):
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
• Constantly innovate how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
• Excellent decision making capabilities.
• Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
• Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
Community / Marketing Title: FIFA - Game Modes Engineer (Temporary)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-11-14 17:18:13.763
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA