Online Software Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 153588
Position Title: Software Engineer II
|•Participate in agile development across multiple teams|
•Write code and assist in the design and implement interfaces utilizing C++ and object-oriented programming
•Help evaluate system performance, troubleshoot, and develop and implement complex modifications to applications
•Collaborate with others to develop recommendations to improve quality control and team productivity
•Enhance existing tools and assist in the design and develop new 3D tools, animation tools, data tools, and general productivity tools
•Implement and debug segments of code for graphics technology
•Work with both client and server teams to maintain high-traffic services for multi-platform games; Iterate, design, and implement improvements to live systems and workflows
•Identify bottlenecks and slow queries and optimize them
•Provide solutions that take into account network latency, de-synchronization of data between networked machines/players, packet compression, cheating and interrupted connections
|Desired Skills:• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.|
• 5+ years of development experience in Agile/Scrum environment
• Expert level proficiency with C++ with an emphasis on OOP/D
• Experience with MySQL, SQL, as well as non-relational databases
• Extensive Windows as well as Linux and/or Unix experience.
• Experience with client-server architectures, network security, basic network protocols (e.g. TCP/IP and UDP), concurrency, load scaling considerations, object replication, as well as time synchronization and prediction
• Experience with cross-play models; development and integration (Console, Web, Mobile, Social)
• Multithreaded programming and debugging experience
• Excellent Problem solving skills
• Experience with scripting languages (i.e. Perl, Lua, Python), XML and C#.
• Experience with ActionScript is a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Online Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-11-09 19:46:35.567
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US