BioWare: VFX Artist Contract
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 153566
Position Title: Visual Effects Artist 1
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
BioWare Austin is seeking a Contract VFX Artist to join the Star Wars™: The Old Republic team and deliver cutting edge visuals while retaining gameplay and exploration crafted by the world designers.
What the Contract VFX Artist will do at BioWare Austin:
- Craft VFX for the game, including but not limited to environments, abilities, combat and cinematic VFX
- Research and gather reference for VFX solutions and utilize that knowledge in the development of VFX work
- Provide creative input specific to assigned tasks
- Work within the established art style
- Participate in team reviews and scrums
Who You Are:
- A basic understanding of real-time VFX and Particles
- A basic understanding of animation physics and timing
- The ability to make high-quality 3D models and textures
- Understanding of open-world gameplay constraints and visual language to support rewarding player experiences
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- A willingness to work as part of our team in a fast paced, highly collaborative and friendly environment
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location:http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: VFX Artist Contract
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-11-08 22:13:02.943
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US