Senior Rendering Engineer
Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 153529
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
We are looking for a Senior Rendering Engineer to join the Frostbite team!
Frostbite is a technology and collaboration platform for diverse game franchises, such as FIFA, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Need for Speed and Plant vs. Zombies Garden Warfare. Thousands of game developers all over the world are using Frostbite to create some of the best-looking games in the industry!
You will be part of our talented rendering team, driving the technology forward that will power future titles and push the boundaries of visual quality in games. You will collaborate with world class engineers and artists across EA.
- Develop and maintain high quality rendering systems for multiple AAA games
- Research, innovate and implement cutting edge real-time rendering techniques
- Collaborate across team and discipline boundaries to provide highly productive and effective art and content workflows
- Undertake performance profiling and optimization on multiple platforms
- Work closely with game team artists and art directors to create effective solutions
- Inspire and mentor less experienced members of the team
- BSc degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Extensive real-time computer graphics knowledge
- Expert C++, data-driven design, and architecture skills
- Expertise at profiling and optimization
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Detailed knowledge of one or more CPU and GPU architectures
- Console development experience
- C#/Tools development experience
- Team Lead/Management experience
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus scheme
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- Onsite café
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer & Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games Area
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know
- How the Frostbite engine is shaping the future of gaming
- More job openings for the Frostbite team
- More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/guildford
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Rendering Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-11-08 11:22:34.257
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.