Software Engineer - Tools
Location: Pasadena, California US
Requisition Number: 153504
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Industrial Toys, creators of Midnight Star and Midnight Star: Renegade, is ramping up to start its next adventure and looking for new team members to help make it the best yet. Building on hard-won knowledge as an indie studio, we've joined forces with EA to realize our vision of what it means to be "Mobile To The Core!" If you're interested in creating innovative experiences that will reach mobile players around the world, join up today!
We’re looking for a highly motivated and experienced engineer ready to help develop the tools behind an exciting title. As part of the game team, you will drive tools development for content creators and engineers alike.
- Embrace a problem-solving mindset with a focus on practical development of robust features
- Collaborate closely with engineers and content creators to ensure world class workflows and performance through improving current tools and creating new ones.
- Uphold high-quality standards through technical guidance, leadership, and mentoring
- Work with EA’s internal shared technology groups to improve technology across the company
- Experience with tools development on shipped titles
- Proficiency with C#
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Ability to familiarize quickly with existing internal and external code systems, in addition to extending
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Innovative mindset with focus on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity
- Experience with C++, Python, and Lua.
- Experience working with User Experience, Usability or Interaction Design
- Familiarity with UI tooling (WPF, Android layouts, Winforms, etc.)
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - Tools
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-11-06 00:58:03.867
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Los Angeles - Pasadena
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pasadena, California US