Online Gameplay Engineer
Location: Pasadena, California, United States
Requisition Number: 153502
Position Title: Software Engineer III
- Working on systems to synchronize a gameplay simulation across multiple mobile devices
- Writing optimal C++ code in a Client/Server architecture
- Working on Replication and Networked gameplay features that require client-side prediction with security, latency and packet loss in mind
- Debugging networked gameplay code
- Diagnosing network performance problems and managing network resources such as bandwidth
- Expanding and optimizing an established network protocol
- Experienced in real-time mobile game PvP networking and state of the art synchronization technologies.
- Strong expertise with C++.
- Strong experience with Client/Server architectures.
- Experience writing networked gameplay features and client-side prediction.
- Experience with TCP/UDP and real-time networking protocols.
- Experience with network debugging skills and tools, especially for PvP gameplay.
- Experience with network performance and bandwidth analysis techniques and tools.
- Experience with source control systems.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Solid understanding of the Software design/architecture process.
- Solid ability to understand direction and execute on the work.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Constantly innovate how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Excellent decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
- Demonstrated dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
Community / Marketing Title: Online Gameplay Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-11-06 00:57:42.467
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.