Engineer - Gameplay
Location: Pasadena, California US
Requisition Number: 153482
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Industrial Toys, creators of Midnight Star and Midnight Star: Renegade, is ramping up to start its next adventure and looking for new team members to help make it the best yet. Building on hard-won knowledge as an indie studio, we've joined forces with EA to realize our vision of what it means to be "Mobile To The Core!" If you're interested in creating innovative experiences that will reach mobile players around the world, join up today!
We’re looking for a highly motivated and experienced engineer ready to design and develop the technology behind player-facing features. This individual will work as part of a game team to craft dynamic, high-quality experiences that our players have come to expect!
- Work collaboratively with designers, server engineers, and production teams to design, develop and deliver, extensible ‘under the hood’ game systems.
- Embrace a problem-solving mindset with a focus on practical development of robust features
- Monitor the performance and stability of the client to drive continuous improvement.
- Uphold high-quality standards through technical guidance, leadership, and mentoring
- Develop new features as part of a continuous live service
- Experience developing and shipping multiple products, preferably games
- 6+ years experience, 3 of those in gaming
- Proficiency with C++
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Solid foundation in 3D math, algorithms, and modern computing fundamentals
- Experience with one or more of the following: Unreal Engine, Unity, iOS and/or Android development, 3D real-time applications (console games, scientific simulations, etc)
- Experience with at least one scripting language
- Understanding of client/server architecture and data flows
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working on a live services game
- Familiarity with ECS architectural pattern
Community / Marketing Title: Engineer - Gameplay
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-11-19 17:11:02.67
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Los Angeles - Pasadena
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pasadena, California US