Director Brand Marketing
Location: Stockholm, Stockholms lan SE
Requisition Number: 153463
Position Title: Director, Global Brand Management
BUILDING WORLD CLASS BRANDS AND EXPERIENCES IS OUR GOAL.
We’re EA—the world’s best video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Battlefield, and Star Wars, to name but a few. We have one simple vision: become the world’s greatest games company. We are a community of artists, storytellers, technologists and innovators working in one of the most dynamic industries today. We’re building a company that thinks about the player experience at every step. We are transforming for a digital future and work as one team. We take risks and we dream big. And together, we are changing the way millions play every day. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your world-class brand marketing skills, be inspired by those leading their fields and make your mark by becoming one of our top marketing and commercial leaders.
The Director, Brand Marketing is a key leadership role that oversees brand strategy, product development and marketing for key titles and franchises developed by EA Studios located in Europe. This position will report into the VP of Brand Marketing European Studios. The Director, Brand Marketing sets the overall Brand strategy for consumer marketing and partners with the development studios to set product strategy and bring high-quality product to market. This person is also the strategic liaison to EA’s worldwide publishing arm to ensure the consumer and product vision is reflected in all sales, digital and commercial plans globally. As a member of EA’s Marketing Leadership team, this person will play a key role in leading the overall EA Brand Marketing Team to greater innovation, speed, effectiveness, and efficiency.
You’ll join a team of fellow gamers that are breaking boundaries and blurring global borders by marrying brand and marketing strategies with a genuine understanding of what excites players. Your data-informed and player-centric style will help you define the optimal strategies and experiences, and your nuanced knowledge of the products we are building as well as collaborative, global mindset will help build partnerships with game teams, commercial and global marketing teams.
Marketing and Brand Strategy
- Leads a high performing Team that is driving brand strategy and commercial delivery for key titles developed by EA Studios located in Europe.
- Owns product positioning, defines core USPs based on strategic Consumer, Market and Brand insights. Creates a multi-year strategy that anticipates the player needs across platforms and geographies. Defines the Brand ecosystem strategy across platforms defining the roles of each platform in the context of the holistic Consumer journey.
- Leads transformation of EA’s marketing Team to a direct to consumer, always-on, digital organization.
- Accountable for the ultimate success of the global marketing campaign for his/her Brands, it’s ROI and the quality of the integrated cross channel consumer journey and creative strength.
- Authors and implements strategies for in-game and out of game brand extensions – ensuring they are on brand and aligned with Brand strategic direction while accelerating commercial growth.
- Financial responsibility for marketing strategies, initiatives and advertising related efforts for her/his franchises.
- Leads the Global Brand Atomic Unit acting as the cross-functional leader and overall business results owner for his/her titles globally.
- Owns marketing budget and its allocations based on changes in game’s feature, quality and or projected competitiveness to ensure optimal allocation of investment against growth opportunities (at title and portfolio level).
- Accountability for the P&L of the brand (knowing that the inputs coming in will be matrixed) and how that ladders to studios P&L.
- Sets mid and long term commercial KPI for Franchise (in partnership with studio) and partners with Commercial and Finance on accurate forecasting and demand plan models.
- Accountable for geographic growth strategy and identification of strategic market needs (localizations/customizations/distribution/campaigns etc.)
- Key Marketing and Commercial partner for senior Studio Leaders. Together with Studio Leadership accountable for key product development decisions which will impact the commercial success and quality of Player experience for the Brand.
- In partnership with EA Studios, works to help develop the product strategy for our titles as well as determines appropriate target audiences, business models (financial models and/or monetization strategies), launch timing, and product/service feature sets.
- Ensures consumer insights are provided during the development of games through world-class qualitative and quantitative research.
- Alongside the Studio is accountable for delivering on core feature sets addressing pre-agreed strategic growth opportunities (market, audience segment, need state) and for the impact of any major deviations in product which could put them at risk.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience directing a department of marketing professionals
- Strong passion for video gaming is essential. The candidate needs not come from the games or entertainment industry but will have videogaming as a core hobby or will be willing to embrace it by making it a key personal pastime upon joining.
- Deep understanding of and experience working on direct to consumer digital businesses.
- Demonstrated record of success in developing high impact global consumer strategies, mass market marketing campaigns, brand marketing, and direct to consumer performance-based marketing.
- Must have broad experience and understanding of all facets of the marketing discipline including market research, product positioning, consumer promotions, online innovation and stellar creative development
- Experience working on cutting edge, leading brands that have strong consumer awareness and interest.
- Experience with digital product offerings on console, mobile and PC platforms.
- Strategic leader and thinker with ability to create exciting, breakthrough marketing plans.
- Skilled in Brand Management frameworks. Can both develop/refine these for the Brand but also operationalize in a practical and value adding way for other Teams.
- Combines Product, Consumer and category truths to build a commercially viable long range growth roadmap and then translates this ‘future-back’ into a set of concrete actions for the immediate future to get the organization on track to the end goal.
- Consumer/Player insights led (skilled in getting to the ‘why’ behind the ‘why’, skilled in turning insights into business recommendations, has worked with a range of analytics/insights tools and methodologies both internally and externally)
- Able to apply a category/market growth mindset identifying untapped needs and market segment to not only grow share but the category as a whole.
- Experience Brand Portfolio management, sub-branding, repositioning and Brand extensions.
- Experience in visual identity, Branding and Brand design principles.
- A prolific storyteller – capable of influencing and engaging external and internal stakeholders in a franchise vision and journey.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Battlefield is the largest wholly owned Brand at EA, and one of the largest brands in the gaming industry. You have a chance to be part of that and help shape it today and in the future.
We not only embrace creativity and forward thinking in your ideas – we expect it, and want to build a climate that gives every employee the opportunity to put these ideas in practice. We think this helps create the best possible place for our employees to grow professionally, find new friends, and kick back after a hard day’s work.
We will review applicants continuously so please send your CV and motivation letter to us as soon as possible.
Community / Marketing Title: Director Brand Marketing
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-11-05 19:32:04.713
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Stockholm, Stockholms lan SE