Location: Stockholm, Stockholms lan SE
Requisition Number: 153462
Position Title: Associate Systems Engineer II
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The challenge ahead
The Stockholm IT team is looking for a talented Systems Engineer who carries a broad range of experience with building, upgrading and maintaining an on-prem datacenter environment, as well as take part in advanced user support, upgrades, improvements and maintenance of storage and network. We are in the process of rejuvenating our environment, moving from a more standard approach to something more modern, automated and declarative. While we need someone with experience in how we do things now, we want someone who has the experience moving from a more standard approach to something more innovative, automated and declarative.
The next Systems Engineer should have experience in the following:
- Experience from working with VMware/vSphere or other virtualization platforms
- Experience from working in a Microsoft based environment with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Communicate with both peers and partners verbally and with good documentation skills
- Collaborates with peers across both functions and regions to help deliver highly reliable, scalable, and operable solutions
- An obsessive desire to automate and improve processes, standardizing tools and technologies
Nice to have:
- Having worked with datacenter hardware such as Servers, Storage and network equipment.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux and containers
- Experience in programming/scripting languages (Preferred: Python, bash, powershell, go)
- Experience with source code management tools (git, perforce)
- Experience of working with network routing, switching and other network related technologies like WiFi, DNS, VPN, etc
- Experience in cloud-based providers like AWS, GCP and Azure
- Experience in working with virtual desktop deployments (VDI)
- Experience with monitoring services using tools like Grafana, Op5, Observium, Prometheus, or similar
- Ability to identify and resolve performance bottlenecks in complex systems and drive performance optimizations
At EA/DICE, we always excel our stakeholders and users’ expectations and have ambitious standards which result in quality of work. To continue and expand our services in the same fashion, we are looking for a person who is/have:
- Peer and partner relationship focused
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to learn new skills/technologies quickly and independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated, outgoing and sociable
- Flexible and service oriented
- Ability to work in a global organization
- Independent problem-solving skills
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
- First class offices
- Fun & supportive work environment
- Excellent opportunity to learn new skills
- Generous benefits
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Apply online with a combined CV and motivation letter (in English). Tell us about yourself. Tell us why you’re interested in joining our team!
Community / Marketing Title: Systems Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-11-07 09:34:02.493
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Stockholm, Stockholms lan SE