Insights Analyst Intern
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 153413
Position Title: Intern General
#WeAreEA and we exist to inspire the world to play. EA values creativity, pioneering, passion, determination, learning, and teamwork. We mean things like acting with curiosity, speaking up with original ideas, and committing to each other as one team.
We’re looking for all the best kinds of people to make great experiences for our players. The best people want a job that inspires them, while giving them room to enjoy their lives. And we want to give them that. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
And we want you to join us. We’re hiring an Insights Analyst Intern.
This role is part of EA’s Customer Experience organization. The Customer Experience organization strives to make EA known for taking care of its players. We’re players taking care of players and people talking to people – whenever, wherever, and however they need us.
An Insights Analyst Intern is responsible for analyzing, reporting, and providing recommendations around the player experience with specific focus on our Signature EA Customer Experience.
So how does an Insights Analyst Intern make great experiences for players? They do this kind of work:
- Reporting and insights – Collect, interpret, and simplify incoming data across multiple data sources to find actual insights that improve the player experience and deliver a Signature Customer Experience for EA. Examples Include: Operational data around employees, top-issue analysis for our largest games and services, linking operations data to player game data to give insights to game development teams.
- Exploring data – We work with multiple data sources from MySQL databases with terabytes of data to RedShift clusters with petabytes. We sift, sort, collect, and analyze these sources to provide insights to the business.
- Storytelling – You’ll give insights to drive actions from our analysis in a compelling story targeted at leadership, stakeholders, and development teams. With the correct insights and story, we have an opportunity to shape the player experience and drive the Signature Customer Experience for EA.
- Having fun – As a game company, a passion for games and improving the player experience is a must. This carries through everything we do in our insights, storytelling, and methodologies.
If you’re interested in this role, you’ll need these skills or experiences:
- Currently pursuing an MS or PhD or degree in computer science, statistics, or social science
- Self-driven with the ability to take projects from kickoff to execution
- Strong problem solving skills – you must be able to keep focus on multiple tasks and effectively set priorities among projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with analytics tools such as SQL, R, Python, Google Analytics, and Tableau
Community / Marketing Title: Insights Analyst Intern
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-11-01 19:33:42.727
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US