EA Pathfinder UX Design Intern
Location: Redwood City, California US
Requisition Number: 153403
Position Title: Intern General
The Pathfinders program is a 12-week summer internship designed for college underclassmen interested in engineering or analytics disciplines. This program offers students the ability to explore career opportunities and gain insight into the Gaming industry. Students work on real teams with impactful projects alongside industry veterans, to gain hands-on experience with valuable tools and programming languages, while developing leadership skills.
The Pathfinders program incorporates structured learning, and provides you with the tools to be successful during your time at EA. Each Pathfinder intern will have peer and professional mentorship, participate in networking activities, and engage with senior leaders. We particularly encourage applications from students who are historically underrepresented in this field.
As a PDE UX Designer intern, you will create valuable user experiences for our game developers and players by translating a deep understanding of their needs into “easy to use” products that provide values to their daily life.
You will collaborate with the Project manager, UI developers, and UX design team to do meaningful work while also growing your expertise in design.
- Work with product managers to translate high level requirements and use cases into detailed wireframes process flows, and product designs.
- Assist in the creation of interaction designs collaborating with other designers and UI developers to determine how users will navigate and interact with the PDE products.
- Design and deliver mockups, wireframes and interactive prototypes.
- Follow UI/UX standards that defined by UX design team to ensure uniformity across all PDE products. • Take a customer-centered approach to rapidly test and iterate on product concepts.
- High performing freshman or sophomore pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related fields.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to communicate effectively and comfortably with team members. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of user personas, user scenarios and wire framing.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills with balanced interaction and visual design skills.
- Experience with UX design tools such as Adobe XD
Community / Marketing Title: EA Pathfinder UX Design Intern
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-10-30 20:56:13.87
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US