Intern: Security Engineer - (BS,MS Degree)
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 153402
Position Title: Intern General
Security Engineer (Intern)
The Security Engineer is a member of the Verification & Pentest team under the Game & Product Security Engineering group within EA's Information Security department. As a Security Engineer, your primary job will be to discover vulnerabilities in EA’s games and gaming infrastructure. Your work will help protect our business data, our employee data, and most importantly, our customers. The security assessments you perform will cover everything from web applications, to network infrastructure, to white-box and black-box reviews of thick clients and servers. In addition to identifying security issues, you’ll need to determine the business risk posed by the vulnerabilities you discover and be able to communicate your findings across teams to both technical and non-technical audiences. You will also assist in EA’s anti-cheating, anti-fraud, and anti-piracy efforts. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of security principals and a passion to learn new technologies, challenge assumptions, and find new ways to solve problems.
- Conduct static and dynamic application security vulnerability research assessments on EA products running on PC, web, mobile, and consoles
- Perform network infrastructure security assessments on game servers and gaming infrastructure
- Advise and consult with EA staff to identify and reduce security risks
- Solve complex technical problems and articulate to both technical and non-technical partners
- Fundamental understanding of CWE Top 25 and OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities, and ability to discover these vulnerabilities in assessment targets
- Knowledge of operating systems internals for Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android
- Network infrastructure security knowledge for both traditional networks and cloud
- Ability to read and understand unfamiliar code and to identify new application security vulnerabilities in C++, Java, C#, and common scripting languages
- Experience with security assessment tools such as Burp Suite, Nessus, nmap, and Wireshark
- Excellent verbal and written English skills, interpersonal skills, and professionalism in dealing with all levels of management and staff
- Trustworthiness, as you will be trusted to handle sensitive assets
Community / Marketing Title: Intern: Security Engineer - (BS,MS Degree)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-11-02 04:55:54.86
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US