Technical Portfolio Manager
Location: Madrid, ES
Requisition Number: 153369
Position Title: Assoc DM
Electronic Arts (EA), headquartered in Redwood City, California, is the world's leading interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, the company develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for videogame systems, personal computers and the Internet. Electronic Arts markets its products under four brand names: EA SPORTS™, EA™, EA SPORTS BIG™ and POGO™. In fiscal 2005, EA posted revenues of $3.1 billion and had 31 titles that sold more than one million copies. EA's homepage and online game site is www.ea.com. More information about EA's products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at http://info.ea.com.
EA employs over 5000 people globally and has offices located throughout the US, Canada, Asia Pacific and Europe. EA’s European headquarters is located in Chertsey, UK.
Main Purpose of the Role
Act as Technical Portfolio Manager (TPM) within EA Localization organization sited in Europe (Madrid, Spain) which provides worldwide localization and integration services.
TPMs are part of the Technichal Portfolio Managers team in charge of two different areas, create and execute the technichal strategy of the portfolios assigned and manage/coordinate the definition and development of the localization toolset .
The TPM will act as main technichal point of contact for the porfolios assigned and therefore they must appropiately represent worldwide EA Localization in front of other teams and skillfully handle potential risks or conflicts, triggering if needed the established escalation procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Consistently demonstrate EA values and create a positive atmosphere that fosters the collaboration, motivation and high performance of the entire team.
- Capture and understand business and technical needs of the portfolio assigned.
- Document features identified during conversations with stakeholders
- Create and maintain technical localization plans to face the localization of the portfolio assigned.
- Create technical strategy plans to move and integrate the Studios assigned into the localization toolset.
- Influence Studios to implement technical localization best practices across all titles
- Analyse and estimate the cost budget required to execute the technological plans
- Define and carry out return on investments and cost-benefit analysis to justify needs, investments and fundings.
- Drive negotiation and technical discussions with consultancy and professional service providers.
- Act as an effective reporting and coordination link between Engineering teams, Studios, EA Loc teams and high management layers.
- Act as an effective reporting and coordination link between EA projects and the localization toolset. Actively participate in the on going prioritization of the bussines needs as per project needs and schedules.
- Track, predict and report:
- schedule and cost deviation, report them and propose actions for an appropiate mitigation, correction or compromises. Redo cost analysis and/or schedule accordingly.
- issues and risks (i.e.: quality degradation), report them and propose actions for appropiate mitigation, correction or compromises.
- Maintain regular and effective communication (through presentation, meetings, email or phone) with internal, external and remote teams (sponsors, vendors or stakeholders)
- Actively participate in postmortem processes and collection of stakeholders feedback to measure satisfaction and/or distill future improvements and solutions needed to maximize stakeholders/partners’ satisfaction while managing their expectations.
- Own product backlog for localization toolset developments
- Accept features & user stories from BAs ensuring they are aligned with the product vision.
- Build consensus of the business requests to maximize the development efforts.
- Have content authority - own what to build and what sequence. Responsible for creating and maintaining the release plans.
- Follow progress of work and address production issues during sprints
- Work with QA lead and architect to control quality, stability and performance of the product.
- Capacity to balance the workload between functionalities, bugs or tech debt.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Technical background. University Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent educational or working background.
- Excellent Conflict Management skills
- Excellent Project Management, Bussiness Analysis and CRM skills.
- Excellent knowledge in the foundations of Software Engineering and Develoment Life Cycle: business and requirement analysis, design, architecture, implementation, testing, deployment, quality management,… etc.
- Very good fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Very good communication skills (any format, any context)
- Good knowledge of the Localization industry.
- Good knowledge of different development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Prototyping, Extreme Programming,…)
- 6+ years of professional experience in start to end Project Management (from conception to implementation, deployment and mantainance)
- Professional experience in Business Analysis and/or Requirement Analysis.
- Professionaln experience as Product Owner.
- Good and proven working experience in Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, ...) and Agile Project Management.
- Good and proven experience in technological project negotiation and sales.
- Good and proven experience working in a multi-site and multi-cultural team.
- Experience in Infrastructure or systems deployment.
- Technical experience in localisation projects or similar experience within the entertainment industry.
- Excellent team player attitude.
- Excellent self-improvement and proactivity behaviors.
- Excellent achievement orientation. Attention to detail, focused on quality and customers/partners satisfaction.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent self-coordination and self-organisational skills.
- Excecllent ability to achieve results through others by coordinating work/tasks/people.
- Excellent ability to create and maintain a positive and collaborative working atmosphere.
- Excellent ability to identify and resolve risks, problems or deviations using creativity and experience. Learns when to escalate issues.
- Excellent ability to participate in decision making processes by offering constructive opinions and sound judgement.
- Good mentoring capabilities.
- Good leadership capabilties.
- Good ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good ability to prioritize and reach appropiate balance/compromises.
- Good ability to discuss, negotiate and reach win-win situations.
- Good ability to apply existing processes and best practices. Ability to identify gaps or deficiencies and address them to improve efficiency.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Portfolio Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-10-26 14:20:32.187
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Madrid, ES