Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 153362
Position Title: Animator 2
An Associate Cinematic Animator creates believable performances in cinematics that immerse and engage the player in EA’s games. They will demonstrate a collaborative approach in completing their tasks. An Associate Cinematic Animator will be responsible for the following:
- Animate cinematics that support narrative as well as design.
- Animate realistic human performances that convey character personality and believability.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Exhibit the ability to collaborate with team members to find solutions when problem solving to complete tasks.
- Takes artistic direction from the Animation Director and Leads and applies it to tasks to maintain animation quality expectations for the project.
Skills and experience EA looks for:
- Basic understanding of traditional animation principles and fundamentals, able to demonstrate an understanding of animation mechanics using keyframe techniques.
- Basic understanding of using high-end animation software packages such as Maya.
- Example(s) of character acting, facial, animation, and lip sync demonstrated on demo reel from college or previous employers.
- Ability to take direction well and address notes in a timely fashion.
- Ability to manage time and be proactive.
- Basic understanding of animation tools and pipelines.
- Basic understanding of Maya based animation rigs.
- Effective at communication skills.
- Animation background, degree in Fine Arts or Computer Animation.
- Familiar with Motionbuilder
- Familiar with motion capture.
- Basic knowledge of cameras and previs
- Familiar with game engines
- Enjoy playing games
Community / Marketing Title: Animator 2
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-11-07 11:55:30.587
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA