FIFA - Rendering Engineer
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 153360
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
Role: Rendering Engineer
The Rendering Software Engineer is a critical part of the game creation process. They are involved in architectural design, implementation, and debugging of rendering technology on multiple platforms; working with Designers, Artists and other Engineers to solve complex computer graphics problems.
• Research and implement cutting-edge rendering techniques.
• Write technical design specifications.
• Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code, pipelines and other rendering-related sub-components and packages
• Develop core rendering tools, feature and engine components to required coding standards.
• Profile and optimize rendering, lighting and shading components of a game engine.
• Create leading edge reusable rendering technologies.
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
• 7-10+ years’ development experience
• Proficiency with C++
• Experience in the design and implementation of cutting edge graphics techniques and detailed knowledge of graphics hardware.
• Strong math skills including trigonometry, calculus and linear algebra.
• Formal background in rendering with experience that may include shaders, animation, skinning, lighting, special effects and tool development.
• Experience with Direct 3D, Open GL or equivalent.
• Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
• Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
• Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
• Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code.
• Prior experience shipping at least one title on PS4, PS3, XBOX One or XBOX 360.
• Experience with assembler (Intel, PPC), scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and C#.
• Experience with graphics tools and exporters such as Maya, MotionBuilder and Photoshop; knowledge of Maya API and Mel programming.
• Experienced candidates should have expertise in a number of these fields: vertex and pixel shaders including HLSL and FX; terrain or environment rendering; advanced lighting techniques, particle systems, special effects, art pipelines, tool development and game engine architecture.
• Working knowledge of DX11 a significant plus.
Performance Competencies (Non-Technical Skills):
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
• Constantly innovate how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
• Excellent decision-making capabilities.
• Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
• Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
What's In It For You:
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, and pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
Community / Marketing Title: FIFA - Rendering Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-10-26 23:05:57.04
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA