Internationalization Software Engineer
Location: Madrid, ES
Requisition Number: 153343
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Main Purpose of the Role
A successful candidate for the Internationalization Software Engineer II position will help developing pipeline tools and creating or modifying contents or assets to ensure the seamless delivery of all localized versions of EA’s games. They will also help developing game runtime code or core gaming technology (Frostbite or Unity among others). This person should be able to research and provide solutions in projects on their early stages of development, and be able to dig in code, tools and assets for the actual causes of problems. The candidate should also have good communication skills, and should be able to communicate with multidisciplinary teams worldwide.
This position requires being able to adapt quickly across different languages, gaming technologies, platforms and frameworks. An ideal candidate would also be proactive, self-driven, passionate about gaming and problem-solving issues, and have experience on gaming technologies and engines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and maintaining localization libraries, tools, games and pipelines in a wide variety of languages
- Find solutions to actual problems. Research proactively and dig in code or assets for the actual cause of an issue.
- Work closely with worldwide, interdisciplinary teams, proactively documenting and sharing the knowledge.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Good software engineering skills (Knowledge of OOP, Design Patterns, SCM Practices, Programming Algorithms, Debugging Techniques, Performance Optimization, Memory Management)
- Good knowledge of development environments and build systems (Visual Studio, MSBuild, Nant)
- Knowledge of video games development and engines (Good knowledge of at least one of the following: Unreal Engine, Marmalade, Cocos2D, Unity)
- Knowledge of video game platforms (Ideally PC and mobile)
- Understanding of game engine architectures, game patterns and content pipelines.
- Knowledge of Agile development practices and methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban)
Skills and Knowledge Nice to have
- Knowledge of software localization and internationalization technologies and practices (Unicode, encodings, text rendering, fonts, writing systems LTR/RTL) is a big plus
- Knowledge of Frostbite Engine is a big plus
- Knowledge of console platforms and SDKs is a plus (Xbox, PlayStation)
- Deep knowledge of computer graphics programming and rendering is a plus (DirectX, OpenGL, Graphic Cards Pipeline)
- Good knowledge of mathematics and 3D programming is a plus
- Knowledge of artist’s tools and workflows is a plus (Blender, Maya, Photoshop, etc...)
- 4+ year of proven professional experience in a Software Engineer position using OOP (e.g. C++ or C#) or equivalent experience.
- 1+ year of proven professional experience in a Software Engineer position in the video game industry or equivalent experience
- Experience in UI programming and development
- Team player.
- Ability to adapt easily and quickly to new projects and changing technologies and conditions
- Good interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Ability to justify and account for decisions and achieve peer consent.
- Self-directed, self-starting, proactive
- Ability to identify and resolve problems effectively.
- Attention to detail, focused on quality and customer experience.
- Ability to manage time effectively and demonstrate proper sense of urgency.
Community / Marketing Title: Internationalization Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-10-26 09:46:31.66
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Madrid, ES