Senior Finance Manager, Strategic Financial Planning
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 153341
Position Title: Senior Manager, Finance
We’re EA—one of the world’s largest video game publishers. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games and services for every platform—from mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
EA was founded by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders and fueled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe. We are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
Located at our largest studio campus in Vancouver, B.C., this Senior Finance Manager role reports into the Finance Director of Strategic Financial Planning (SFP). The role will provide a unique opportunity to drive new and exciting growth areas for the company as a partner of the Strategic Growth Initiatives (SGI) division. SGI is at the leading edge for innovative business models - comprised of our Competitive Gaming Division (CGD), EA Experiences (EAX), Asia Studios and our EA Partners group - that are all propelling EA forward to its next chapter of growth. The role will also provide finance modelling support for the Corporate Strategy team across a range of enterprise-wide initiatives.
The Senior Finance Manager (FP&A) role will be responsible for leading the modelling work that helps support business partners as they review different strategic initiatives providing insightful analysis to help inform the decisions being made by our leadership. This role will also help realize key initiatives from initial proposal to actual business impact working cross-functionally across the entire company and help the team improve the effectiveness and efficiency of key processes. Key business areas supported will include:
o Our Competitive Gaming Division (CGD), spearheading esports within EA,
o EAX, responsible for our Player Network, digital store fronts and PC/console subscription services.
o Coordinating official reporting and ad-hoc requests for the SGI group.
o Corporate Strategy projects.
Overall responsibilities include:
· Financial modelling in support of strategy initiatives – Supporting both our business leadership as well as our Strategy team by helping them understand opportunity and costs associated with different proposals.
· Business partnering – mentoring and growing the Senior Financial Analysts within SFP as well as providing support where needed to drive the right conversations and impactful decision making
· Strategic initiative support – support the different teams in taking different projects from high level proposals through follow-ups and implementation partnering across EA with a focus on the financial aspects of the project to help ensure success.
· SGI division processes – Help leadership understand the current financial situation and provide decision support through different financial processes including close and forecast reporting, weekly R&O’s as well as ad-hoc analysis on different parts of the business.
· Establish best practices for budgeting, forecasting and reporting within the team focusing on effectiveness and efficiency
· Communication and Collaboration – Partnering with other FP&A groups (e.g. Publishing, Studios, and Corporate) to ensure we are working as one team.
· Ad Hoc projects occur continuously as we improve the business or increase our understanding of our industry and competitors.
• Experience with complex financial modelling – both revenue and costs
• Experience with executive presentations balancing detail, messaging and visualizations to deliver great impact
• Proven track record of strategic thinking working with different perspectives and constraints to help ensure high quality deliverables
• Experience partnering across a wide variety of personalities and a proven track record of creating alignment and buy-in across different groups
• The ability to compile, analyze, interpret and simplify complex financial models, reports and other financial information.
• Proactive, Detailed, with the ability to prioritize time and tasks.
• Ability to lead and manage through change
• Highly proficient with MS Office products including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Finance Manager, Strategic Financial Planning
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-10-30 17:42:08.73
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA