Senior UX Researcher
Location: Redwood City, California US
Requisition Number: 153263
Position Title: Sr Researcher
Job Description – Senior UX Researcher
We are EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles— Battlefield, Star Wars, Madden, and The Sims, to name a few. But what does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
We are looking for user researchers who have a passion for understanding and evaluating the gaming experience. You are driven and excited to be part of a highly skilled and advanced team shaping the future of EA games. Apply your passion for research and digital entertainment to the development of fun and innovative gaming experiences. Plan and conduct strategic research to help increase the quality of EA’s products, and work closely with talented design and production teams to integrate user research into the development process.
- Apply and tailor methods for assessing user engagement, user behavior, meaningful social interactions, and consumption of entertainment products, particularly in the console, mobile and PC space
- Manage stakeholders (Product, Design and Marketing) and work closely with game teams to understand goals and strategies
- Work with design sprint teams to plan, prioritize and execute user research
- Gather and analyze actionable data from a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods (interview, lab studies, heuristics, surveys, telemetry, etc.)
- Effectively communicate research results to game teams (verbal and written reports), provide recommendations and ongoing feedback to design
- Identify research opportunities that will impact users understanding, product design and quality
- Generate new methodologies that will pertain to each product’s unique gameplay and sensibility
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to support broader analytics and insights work that drive business impact
Qualifications & Skills
- Candidates should have an advanced degree in experimental psychology (experimental, social, cognitive, etc.), human computer interaction, human factors, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of industry experience in research design and conducting user research studies
- Proven expertise in creative research design, fluent in a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methodologies (e.g. field studies, interviewing, contextual inquiry, questionnaire development and survey research, usability studies, competitive benchmarking, etc.) and can quickly and effectively analyze and present data to influence product design and implementation.
- Self-starter - ability to work independently and execute on directives with little direct oversight
- Ability to maintain balance between solid “pragmatism” and “scientific rigor” to meet the needs of a changing business
- Experience in social media, information design, game development and design principles, or consumer or entertainment software industry highly desirable.
- Ability to evangelize new ideas and information quickly, to successfully recommend actions using objective data, and influence the actions taken based on that data
- Experience with research in Agile development environments / design sprints highly desirable
- Experience with self-moderated user research tools such as usertesting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, persuasiveness, and the ability to make group presentations
- Ability to travel as required
Community / Marketing Title: Senior UX Researcher
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-10-25 16:57:17.9
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US