NHL - UX Designer (Temporary)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 153261
Position Title: UX Designer I
NHL - UX Designer
Do you like sports and wish you had the opportunity to make games easier for everyone to experience? Would you like to work with a talented, agile and dynamic team of people creating never seen before games?
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working with console/desktop/mobile applications, ideally games, and a strong understanding of current best practices for UX. This candidate will also have experience working directly with artists, game designers and engineers to translate high level product requirements into designs that deliver compelling and delightful user experiences.
What a UX Designer does at EA:
- Support user experience design of features from conception to launch
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment which requires self-direction, deep thinking, an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication
- Able to take existing designs and problem solve to make them better
- Employ a Player First mentality with design to create world class interactive experiences
- Partner with Producers, UI artists and engineering to quickly create detailed wireframes, flowcharts and prototypes and other product deliverables to effectively communicate product requirements
- Support usability testing and focus groups to validate design and product direction
- Help to ensure UX consistency and that a standardized process is adhered to
- Work with design team to iterate on core UX improvements to feature within the game.
- Deep dive analysis of flows and interactions and identify friction points.
- Produce prototypes to help sell the design intent
The next great UX Designer also needs:
- An avid gamer, who loves to talk about games and what makes them great
- Demonstrated proficiency in user experience/interaction design and/or Bachelor’s Degree in UX, Psychology, Human Factors, Industrial Engineering or related HCI discipline.
- 3+ years’ experience as a dedicated UX designer solving complex interaction problems using qualitative and quantitative data
- Relevant experience in User Experience Design for console, desktop or mobile applications is a bonus
- Experience in game development is a strong asset
- Proficiency in user experience design tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, inVision, Sketch, etc.)
- A strong creative problem solver that challenges the status quo
- A critical thinker that can understand system level design
- A confident speaker and presenter that can be the voice of the player
The ideal candidate’s portfolio will demonstrate:
- Sports fan
- Excellent conceptual and problem-solving skills illustrating an iterative design process
- Strong knowledge of UX process as applied to games, applications or web design
- Case studies highlighting user centered design research and its impact on design solutions
- Examples of wireframes, low and high fidelity, prototypes, and information architecture mapping
Community / Marketing Title: NHL - UX Designer (Temporary)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-10-23 19:32:37.67
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA