Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 153251
Position Title: Senior Applications Engineer
Technical Architect – Business Applications, EA IT
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
EA IT Business Applications is responsible for the planning, building and deployment of Enterprise Application, Enterprise Integration and Business Intelligence solutions for EA. The team is currently focused on a multi-year effort to build the next generation Enterprise Integration Services systems to better align to the company’s new business model. Enterprise Integration, a shared service, is a key enabler for ensuring timely availability of accurate and quality data in business applications and the enterprise data warehouse. The Technical Architect will be a subject matter expert in designing and building data integration and analytical solutions using lastest analytical tools and applications including Snowflake, Informatica ETL, Tidal, AWS and other SAAS solutions.
- Analyze business/functional requirements, review the solution architecture, and develop the technical architecture and detailed design
- Analyze data issues, identify and articulate the business impact of data problems
- Develop and test the integration solution individually or in collaboration with onsite/offshore development resources from external delivery partners.
- Perform code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural standards, guidelines, best practices, and meet quality standards
- Deploy the solution on a high-availability shared service production environment
- Understand and comply with the established software development life cycle methodology
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvements and implements the same.
- Establish and enhance technical guidelines and best practices for the integration development team
- Utilize subject matter expertise in area of enterprise applications, solutions to evaluate complex, sensitive business problems and architect technical solutions.
- Keep current with industry technologies and tools in the integration domain
- Design, build, tune, install, configure and troubleshoot Snowflake, Informatica PowerCenter8.6/9.1, 9.5 and Tidal Enterprise Scheduler
- Provide hands-on system administration, system maintenance and operations support of the above-mentioned tools on Linux development, test and high-availability production RAC environments.
- Provide guidance to the partner onsite/offshore operations support team in monitoring, measuring and reporting system health, performance and uptime metrics
- Perform periodic system administration tasks including evaluating/reviewing, installing and configuring new software releases, upgrades, patches, and installing and configuring
- Keep current with the above tools/technologies.
- 10+ years leadership of design and development in BI environments scaling to hundreds of users and multiple terabytes of content
- Proficient in designing and developing of mappings, transformations, sessions and workflows, and deploying integration solutions on Informatica PowerCenter 8.x/9.x/10.x
- Five to Seven years of hands-on technical experience in ETL design and development using Informatica PowerCenter 8.x/9.x in a high-availability RAC environment on Linux.
- Strong experience in performance tuning of Informatica processes
- Experience in developing ETL for Teradata 12 and Oracle DB are preferred
- Experience in XML schema usage.
- Strong experience on Oracle (11g, 12c) SQL/PLSQL and database design, programming, and performance tuning skills.
- Experienced in incorporating Tidal enterprise Scheduler or comparable job scheduling system is preferred.
- Knowledge of modern data science approaches (forecast modelling, decision support systems, multivariate regression/non-linear modelling, generic algorithms, neural networks).
- Strong understanding of RDBMS concepts, data modeling techniques (3NF, Dimensional)
- 5+ years experience Oracle RDBMS required. Certifications a plus
- Experience working with Snowflake and Tableau is preferred.
- Strong background in data Warehousing principles and methodologies
- Demonstrated expertise in implementing technology for large-scale BI architectures
- Experience with Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE) or Hyperion Essbase or any OLAP tool
- Deep SQL skills are required
- Thorough understanding of source code management, solution design documentation tools and processes, and environment management.
- Experience with testing and defect management tools such as DevTest, TestLink, JIRA, etc.
- Exadata, Teradata, Veritca appliance solutions experience helpful
- Experience on ER-Studio or similar modeling tools is preferred
- Knowledge and experience in building Data Warehouse/Data Mart data models for a dynamic work environment that is complex
- Ability to depict the technical information conceptually, logically and physically.
- Ability to function effectively under pressure in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands and crisis management. Demonstrated continuous improvement and quality methodology skills
- Excellent communication skills across all levels; ability to communicate complex, technical concepts.
- Effective issue resolution and structured problem solving methodology.
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills required
- Bachelor Degree required – CS or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
It’s not easy building the world’s best digital playground. It’s hair-standing-on-end exhilarating. It’s down-in-the-trenches challenging. It’s stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It’s you—taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play. In an industry that’s changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Architect
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-10-23 04:30:50.06
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN