Experienced UX Designer - Frostbite
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 153212
Position Title: UX Designer II
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine. We empower game creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences.
What does an Experienced UX Designer do?
As an Experienced UX Designer, you’ll be part of a team that’s responsible for making it as easy as possible for game creators to unleash the power of the Frostbite game engine. You’ll do this by engaging Frostbite users to understand their needs and iteratively designing interfaces and interactions that are simple and intuitive. You’ll also be responsible for helping make the Frostbite team and our development process more user-centric and data-driven.
- Build empathy for our users within Frostbite and inform how we can best improve our users’ experience with usability testing, user interviews, competitor and industry analysis
- Effectively communicate user and business needs through personas, user stories, service blueprints, journey maps, and other UX tools
- Iteratively design and test interfaces and interactions to make them simple and intuitive
- Make strategic design and user experience decisions
- Help make Frostbite’s development process more user-centric by creating appropriate processes and standards, participating in internal reviews, and coaching teammates
Required Skills and Experience
- Degree, certification, or demonstrated proficiency in UX, interaction design, graphic design, or related field
- Intermediate-level proficiency in user research including usability testing, user interviews
- Intermediate-level proficiency in UX, interface, and interaction design including the creation of wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes, personas, journey maps, and other UX tools
- Intermediate-level proficiency with design, mock-up or prototyping tools such as Balsamiq, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Omnigraffle, Affinity Designer, etc.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and lead large projects
- Ability to work comfortably with varying levels of abstraction across business and product strategy
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to senior leaders in concise language and presentations
- Highly motivated self-starter, capable of operating with minimal management oversight
Bonus Skills and Experience
- Experience in the design of complex applications, like digital content creation tools for game engines is a nice to have but not mandatory
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- How the Frostbite engine is shaping the future of gaming
- More job openings for the Frostbite team
- More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/vancouver
Community / Marketing Title: Experienced UX Designer - Frostbite
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-10-25 18:14:03.533
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA