Rendering Engineer - Frostbite
Location: Orlando, Florida US
Requisition Number: 153185
Position Title: Software Engineer III
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences.
What does a Frostbite Rendering Engineer do?
The Rendering team works directly on the low-level rendering backends of the Frostbite engine. We are responsible for developing the rendering backends for PS4, XB1 and PC (DX11 and DX12) and future platforms. We are also called upon to partner with EA’s games (e.g., Battlefield 1, FIFA, Mass Effect and others) to reach their performance and quality targets. We hope you will join our team to drive the rendering system forward and contribute to the success of some of EA’s biggest titles.
- Develop the low-level rendering back-ends in the Frostbite Engine creating leading edge technologies for games around the globe.
- Profile and optimize rendering technologies.
- Develop, design and implement high quality code to deliver cutting edge features for EA's flagship products.
- Review and provide feedback on technical designs and code written by other rendering engineers.
- Contribute to advancing the rendering system to exploit modern rendering hardware and API’s.
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience in computer science related field.
- Strong C++ knowledge with at least 5 years professional programming experience.
- Knowledge of real time rendering and the associated techniques within the field.
- Understand memory management and developing in a multi-processor environment.
- 5+ years of experience working on AAA products in a related role with multiple shipped titles.
- Experience on current consoles - PS4, XBONE, PC.
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Strong mathematics skills especially with Linear Algebra & Calculus.
- Understanding of multithreaded architectures and synchronization principles.
- Strong ability to work with internal and externally developed code in a collaborative fashion.
- Excellent debugging skills and experience using tools to help debug.
- In-depth understanding of performance bottlenecks of rendering features.
- Experience with a variety of performance analysis tools such as PIX, GPAD, etc.
- Deep knowledge of both CPU and GPU
- Experience writing vertex and fragment shaders
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with C#/Python for scripting or tool development
- Knowledge of content creation & common DCC packages
- Experience with low-level rendering API’s such as DX12, Metal, Vulkan or GNM
- Advanced Perforce experience
- Experience with Agile methodologies for software development.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- How the Frostbite engine is shaping the future of gaming
- More job openings for the Frostbite team
- More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/orlando
Community / Marketing Title: Rendering Engineer - Frostbite
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-10-25 18:23:53.993
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Orlando, Florida US